can't get lenovo logo on system information

Reaction score
In my system information earlier i used to get windows experience index of 4.5 which is now 4.3 moreover lenovo symbol has also disappeared. Any help?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Where did you get the W7 DVD you used to reinstall? Unless it was a Lenova OEM disk then I wouldn't expect it to have a Lenova logo.

The OEM logo on the system screen does absolutely nothing but you can add one if you want by getting the picture, sizing it to 120x120 BMP and then fix your registry. See HERE

Reaction score
hey dude thanks for that help. I don't have the original dvd of win7 it's a oem copy. I just wanted to know that the lenovo logo in system info why dosen't appears itself is it because my windows is not original or what? is it harmful for the laptop if i am operating without the logo?

Moreover I just closed all the the things in background and started windows working experience index so i got back my old 4.5 index :)

And i had to reinstall win7 because in the dvd their was a crack to activate i started that and when my laptop restarted it gave a black screen restarted and same went on for 2 to 3 times and then i had to reinstall to get my laptop back in working situation.

Thanks in advance for the reply :)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Nope, not harmful to not have an OEM logo BUT if your DVD contains a crack then it isn't a retail DVD and there is no way to know if it might not also have a virus or key-logger etc installed. It is risky to use and using a crack is illegal.

If you have a valid license key you can download and burn the actual (non-OEM) version of W7 SP1 from HERE and burn it to a DVD yourself.

The OEM info including logo is just a way for the manufacturer to provide branding and maybe a contact #, etc.

Reaction score
So where can i get a dvd using which i can install win7 and have that lenovo sign on system, is it avaliable from a lenovo shop from where i bought the laptop or from a local dvd store? And if i can't get a original dvd of win7 is there any way to get a win7 dvd which is safe to use?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Lenova might sell you an OEM version or recovery DVD for your computer; you would have to contact them to ask.

For an original non-OEM W7 version download and burn your own using the link in my previous post. Those links are from Digital River which is an official Microsoft distributor.

Reaction score
ok so the non oem version if i download and burn would it form a bootable dvd?

Reaction score
Thanks dude I got the non oem version which is bootable. from the link you gave Thanks alot :)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes it is bootable if burned properly with software that knows the ISO is an image.

Ask a Question