IE6 used in banks still?

Reaction score
I recently was at Chase looking at some things of my account. I saw the lady's computer screen, and it was using IE6 to access my account! It said "Internet Explorer 6 provided by J.P. Morgan Chase". Why do you think that is? IE6 is already 3 generations held back.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Most businesses control the apps on their computers and try to minimize changes which require retraining or support staff. IE7 was significantly different from IE6 because it added tabs. They are likely still using XP so IE9 and beyond cannot be run at all.

I loved Bank One; when Chase bought them out they dropped the best checking programs and after Chases last round of fee increases in April of this year I told them they could shove their so-called service. I think Chase sucks and I hope a computer virus wipes them out.

I think Obama made a mistake bailing out the banks. Chase took $25billion in taxpayer money to turn around and screw us. Should have let them fail.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's reasons like that, why I'll never do any online banking. The ATM's aren't even safe anymore.

Reaction score
It's reasons like that, why I'll never do any online banking. The ATM's aren't even safe anymore.

Even if you didn't do your banking online, you would still have to go to the bank and give them the check or money, and they'd have to insert it to your account using IE6.

Reaction score
As long as the banks network is secure, it doesn't matter how insecure the browser is. Unless the browser is used to navigate outside the network.

Reaction score
Very true Clifford. When it comes to my information. I only trust myself. B of A keeps bugging me about using there online banking. Yet, I remeber over 100/00 customer's being stolen due to there lack of security. It was so bad it made all television networks news.

Ask a Question