SOLVED create duplicate directories caused by trailing space

Reaction score
due to space of my c drive, I install software in D: drive of directory d:\Program Files\
Today, instead of browse the directories, I type the path but add an trailing space by mistake in the path. After installing the software, I find that there are two almost identical directory paths exist with one have a trailing space.
The names of the installed software exist in both directories. I can run the software by invoke the software in the path without trailing space. But when I click software in the path with trailing space error_message.png , it show error message as attached Also, same software will be deleted also in the trailing path directory if uninstall in the directory without trailing space.
Please advice how to delete the directory with trailing space.

thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you can't uninstall then just delete the directory. Find the directory in windows explorer & right-click then delete

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I try to delete the directory with trailing space but can't.
see attached pic3.png

Attachments

Reaction score
the problem has sovled by using 7-zip to change the directory name and has deleted.
Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Ask a Question