i560 printer driver

Reaction score
My new win 7 machine will not work with my network i560 printer. I download and install driver update module but when i attempt to print win 7 gives error screens and askes me to select location of driver. In programs in controll panel the driver shows as installed but win 7 still does not work. works fine with all of my xp machines. Win 7 seems to be over designed. It tries to controll everything.

Steve

Reaction score
self

Yes I did several times. I downloaded driver and then executed. I ran directly. The add on module shows as running yet the win 7 computer can not add the network printer, can not find driver asks for me to brouse to driver location wants inf file. The printer works fine on all the xp machines. Is Microsoft going to come up with a back version to xp like they did for the business community? my experience so far win 7 very unreliable and querky. The default passwords all changed so networking is difficult. Three months now and new computer is still unreliable as soon as I solve one problem a new one pops up taking several days to fix. Win 7 does not like playing with xp computers. Or anything else for that matter.

For this I think Cannon is having a problem getting a driver to work. I see other people having the same problem. xp came with the basic drivers built in. Why can't win 7 be as good? The driver that loads is aomwin110ea23us.exe this is suposed to be the win 7 driver but does not work.

Steve

Reaction score
Did you download drivers from interet or from disc. If you can see what driver you are running the one on the current cannon website does not work on my machine. Per my previous I am using on home network not pluged in to machine

steve

Reaction score
Very frustrated with win 7 probably will never be able to trust this machine. One glitch or problem after another. Three xp machines work together just fine. thought a new laptop with 7-64 would be faster it isn't and it is full of problems. Thanks Microsoft

Steve

Reaction score
Hi Steve,

Did you download the Windows 7 drivers from this site (below)?

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/c...loadDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=331&modelid=9282

If you select your OS from the dropdown box you should be able to download the latest drivers (which were relased only last month).

did several times does not work. When I have a bunch of time I am going to remove printer load old xp drivers then load add on we will se what this does. XP never had these problems it just worked.

steve

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Yes I did several times. I downloaded driver and then executed. I ran directly. The add on module shows as running yet the win 7 computer can not add the network printer, can not find driver asks for me to brouse to driver location wants inf file. The printer works fine on all the xp machines. Is Microsoft going to come up with a back version to xp like they did for the business community? my experience so far win 7 very unreliable and querky. The default passwords all changed so networking is difficult. Three months now and new computer is still unreliable as soon as I solve one problem a new one pops up taking several days to fix. Win 7 does not like playing with xp computers. Or anything else for that matter.

For this I think Cannon is having a problem getting a driver to work. I see other people having the same problem. xp came with the basic drivers built in. Why can't win 7 be as good? The driver that loads is aomwin110ea23us.exe this is suposed to be the win 7 driver but does not work.

Steve
Steve, welcome to the forum! I see that you're somewhat unsatisfied with Windows 7. Drivers for older hardware can be a mess and a pain in the butt at times, but Kalario has the same printer and it works. But there is something else that I'd like to bring to your attention, if I may. It's not a matter of if Windows 7 "is good enough" to run older hardware, it's a matter of other companies not supplying 64 bit drivers for a lot of hardware. It also wasn't a matter of XP having the drivers. It's the hardware manufacturers that supply drivers. Windows does supply many drivers, but they can't possibly load every driver for every device by Windows Update, or in the case of Windows 7, the drivers don't always automatically install. There is a free VM from Sun, called Virtual Box, that you can setup and install XP within it. Then load your printer disc. But if one person can install it, you should be able to as well. Hopefully you'll get this resolved soon. Because if you don't, you'll be wanting to go back to XP. And the truth is, if you are unhappy with Windows 7, it would be better for you to go back to XP. But XP is only going to be supported for four more years, so that's something for you to think about. But I guarantee you that if one member can install it, so can I or you.

Reaction score
I appreciate your time. I have a i560 installed on my network. I use this to print from all my computers everything works fine. When I try to print from my new seven I get an error message no driver found. When I load the program from cannon it loads fine and says driver loaded successfully. In controll pannel under programs it shows the driver add on as running yet seven still can not access the printer. Perhaps because the machine that the printer is physically pluged in to is on XP. I can still print documents from the new Seven machine by sharing files and going to any of the machines that use the old reliable XP and printing from them. I previously had problems getting seven to join my existing network it wants to create a homegroup instead of joining a workgroup. In addition Seven has new default passwords and workgroup names so it does not like to play with XP machines. I was able to figure out how to rename my workgroup and open a new workgroup so the new seven machine could play with the others. It is funny to note that my $79 media player was able to access my network with no help all that I needed was my password. If you really enjoy spending a lot of time configuring computers seven is perfect. If you wust want to get your work done and go outside stay with XP.

Reaction score

No not fixed I have downloaded the driver but it does not work. The computer is pluged in to an xp machine and I am trying to access it over my wireless network. I can see the printer but error message says no driver on the network. This happens even after i downloaded and ran program with the new one month old driver. Programs shows add on module as loaded but can not acceess printer from the 7 machine. all other machines have no problem just the 7 machine.

Steve

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
steveharrisonhome, I have a suggestion for you. Why don't you simply remove the printer from the network, plug it into your 7 computer (by USB cable), install the driver (7 will try to install a driver for you, but you must use the one that Kalario suggested). It is the known working one. Leave XP alone long enough to get this going, then figure out how to get it working with XP. Your priorities here are backwards. 7 is the current (and main) OS here. We provide advice on getting devices working with 7 primarily, the other OS's are secondary here. So please start over, make your main install to 7 first. I had the same problem with my printer, I had to make up my mind, did I want to move forward, or stay stuck in the past? I hope that this helps, there is no pun intended, but XP seems to be holding you back from firing up your printer on 7. If you have the proper USB cable & driver, this will work. Then solve your XP issues afterwards.

Reaction score
win 7 and existing xp networks

My i560 on my existing xp network will not print from my new 7 machine. I know several of you have similar older printers that work but is anyone able to share a network xp printer. When I plug the 7 machine in to the printer it works fine but there is something counter intuitive about a lap top pluged in to a printer. We used to do it that way with 3,1 but with the onset of xp mobility and wifi just seamed second nature.

Steve

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
All right, you've established something here, your printer does work with 7. Now, you need to configure your home network (through 7, not XP). This may be your solution. I have a home network, but only print from my desktop. I can understand your concern, you don't want a USB cable attached to your laptop 24/7. Your home network needs to be created around your laptop, being it's the newer one. When you first startup Windows 7, you usually are given the option to create this, and you get a password. There must be a way for you to do this, I've seen the precise instructions, but I can't remember where I saw them. However, you can do this through your laptop.

Reaction score
Mixed networking

Why would I want to set up my network around my laptop? my central computer is a amd 64-2 running xp it is smoking fast and does everything downloads off torents, serves several hundred movies, streams music and my media players address it so I can watch or listen to anything throughout the house in addition the kids can download stuff from their laptops and print wifi. A 7 network only works with other 7 computers. 7 isn't even backwards compatable to vista. All of my stuff works great with all the hardware. When someone comes over and wants to go online no problem. Why would I introduce all of the 7 paranoia and microsoft controlls to a perfectly functioning network. 7 is the problem child not the solution. I certainly do not want to change what is working fine for something that does not work. I only wish I could find a good media center style laptop with amd 64-2 running xp in 64 bit. Unfortunatly microsoft held off on their 64 bit technologh until Intel could catch up. Then they put it on this 7 thing. most of the gamers are running amd's I wonder what op they prefer. Obviously the new media center is only available on vista or 7.

I don't know why you are so high on 7. Do they pay you?

Steve

Old xp user

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
No, I used XP Pro from sometime in 2001, shortly after it was released until last November when I bought this desktop with Windows 7 preinstalled. I enjoyed my years using XP Pro, but decided after 8 years, it was time for a change. No one pays me anything. Look, this is a Windows 7 forum. I understand that you want your printer to work with your network. But you have a large XP network here, there may be a way to pull this off, I don't know. I simply thought you wanted to get your printer working with Windows 7. Your whole home computing system is based on XP, that's your choice, it's your home, if you're happy with XP, that's fine. I'm not shoving 7 down your or anyone else's throat. Look, you do have one last possible option. Are you familiar with virtual machines (VM's)? You can run a virtual copy of XP within your laptop, this may allow you to print wireless, because it blends in with your network. Go to the forum interface, that black bar with all of the fourm's options. Click Search, make sure "threads" are checked, then type in "vm lite", w/o the quotes, hit "go". Go down to about the 11 or 12th thread, there is a thread titled "XP Mode in Windows 7 w/o Hardware Virtualization". On the first post of the thread, the instructions are there. You do have to register for the first download (it's free), you want the VMLite Workstation. The second file is XP Mode. You install the first download (VMLite). Then, you have an option on how to install XP Mode into it. You don't even have to burn a disc. You just point the installer to the file (in your downloads) or you can burn a disc, if you want. What you will have in an XP Pro SP3 virtual machine on your Windows 7 laptop. If later you decide you don't want it, you simply delete everything. The best thing to do is create a restore point before doing anything, you can go back and use your restore point you created to delete it. But this is your best shot at what you want to achieve. It's for when programs that worked with XP or below won't work with Windows 7. Steve, I know you're frustrated, I'm doing all I can to help you. If you have the time, please give this a try, it's your best shot, you'll be in a familiar environment. I have done by best, if this doesn't work, I don't know what else to offer you. Best of luck to you.

Reaction score
Mixed networking

Sorry looks like I touched a nerve. I am very proud and happy with what I have. Computer Geeks here in california sell a lot of really trick stuff that lets us play for no money. Currently We have an amd 64x2 tower with two internal harddrives and three externals I built it based on a gamers board. It is loaded with all kinds of independent software that downloads, streams, converts dish tv to a computer, records tv and movies, and yes even torrents around the world. this serves as a hub or server to two other towers, two laptop, and 4wifi media players. we watch and listen to anything we want wherever we want. The purpose for the new laptop basically was to have a mobile media player for trips away from home. windows 7 defaults in a homegroup. This only allows win 7 machines. I have been able to tweek the win 7 machine to join the workgroup and coordinate the workgroup names and passwords so I can stream all of the files to the new laptop. It is interesting to note that I pay as little as $59.00 for an argosy media device that streams movies from my server wifi. That means one bank of harddrives can be viewed from multiple tv's without rewiring the house. The only reason I do this is because I can. I think my printer problem is the inneraction between win 7 and xp. the printer works pluged in to xp machines, and it works pluged in to the 7 machine. What it does not do is allow for mobile printing from the back yard wifi over my network.

I also think that if a few microsoft techs read our posts they will create a way to make 7 inneract with previous stuff. If they do we can call it 7sp3. Most geeks do stuff just to see if they can. XP has been a real fun toy because it thinks for itself. In the old days we had to load drivers manually (3.1) or even worse type in the directory dos. XP made computing easy. Plug in a new toy and the computer sees it and inneracts automatically. No hassle.

The current version of 7 does not. Everything has to be manually configured. Back to the dos days. This is not meant as a total knock but constructive criticism. Again hope the Microsoft geeks and techs are reading this.

Thanks for your comments

Steve

New win 7 user

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Actually, most newer products are installed automatically by Windows 7, with no CD drives to mess with. Only with older products this happens. 7 automatically installed my wireless modem, two separate backup drives, my webcam. But my printer required a special 64 bit driver (it's a 2004 model printer). You really have XP rocking at your place. There's nothing wrong with that, it's still supported for four more years, and you may get another year or two past that. But I'm glad you found a workaround. If you ever need help again, come on back.

Reaction score
media streaming

Thanks for the tip on the vm. I am going to try when i have a chance. If you havn't give geeks.com a chance great stuff cheap. By the way it is after midnight your time maybe it 's time to put the computer to bed.

regards
steve

new 7 user

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Oftentimes, my computer doesn't go to bed until 3AM (Eastern Time) or so. I dictate my own schedule, having not worked since 2006. And despite the fact I shut down late, by 9AM, I'm going again. I do believe the VM will help you, once you have the time to set it up.

Reaction score
I have downloaded and installed aomwin110ea23us.exe from Canon for my i560 printer. When I run it, I do not know if or where it puts anything on my windows 7 professional machine. I have tried repeatedly to manually install the Canon i560 printer but I get to "have a disk" and "browse for the file" but I find nothing with a full machine search for inf files. I see others have had success with this but I am missing something. A step-by-step procedure for installing the i560 on windows 7 with only USB available would certainly help. Thanks.

Ask a Question