HP DV 5000 install problems need help

Reaction score
Have a nice laptop with full ram 1.6Ghz core 2 duo that will get the 3.02Ghz core 2 duo in november, and a 512MB 7400 go ( still dont know if I can upgrade that havent opend the case to see if its a soldered one or a pci slot with thsi model can be either or) and a 250G sata hdd,

well when I went form the media center to go to W7 I get the error that it dont recoginize a HDD in the OS sooo what can I do in order to install W7 on this beast ??

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi thedrunk

I'm not familiar with your Laptop but as you say it holds a SATA 250GB HDD do you know what make of HDD this is ?.

Reaction score
Hi thedrunk

I'm not familiar with your Laptop but as you say it holds a SATA 250GB HDD do you know what make of HDD this is ?.

No I havent cracked it open yet, belive it is a WDC WD2500BEVS-00USTO. the bios dont have a lots of options in it basic soo I am nto shure first problem with a laptop installing a OS.

Last edited:

Ask a Question