audio driver hp v5000 laptop

Reaction score
hello
its that i upgrade my hp v5000 laptop from xp to w7 now it dont have audio i try the driver from hp home page but it dont work
i hope someone could help me thank you

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
astrovan, generally we suggest you go to the computer manufacturers site or if you can't find them there then maybe realtek's website if it matches your hardware.

We rarely recommend those driver sites because they very often want to install software to check and they very often suggest incorrect or old drivers which can cause a lot of problems with your computer including Blue Screens Of Death (BSOD). If you specify the make and model, and also tell us whether your W7 is 32bit or 64bit, we can probably point you to the right website.

Always be wary of driver update detection programs, and most any site in general, that wants to install software to "help you". There are even numerous sites that offer free virus scanning or free virus software but are instead virus software themselves.

Reaction score
Hi.

Right click it in device manager. Properties. Details tab. Change the dropdown to say hardware ids. Then copy paste the results below to a new post here.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Your model HP notebook computer is several years old and HP does not offer drivers for it for the Windows 7 operating system. HP stops at Vista for driver support.

Your notebook uses the Conexant HD Audio Chipset

Reaction score
I saw on HP's site that it could also be using the Conexant AC'97 codec instead.

Hopefully we can find something that works for him when he replies with the necessary info.

Reaction score
I have the the same laptop with win 7 32 bit I am useing the vista driver from hp. works well

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
TorrentG - sometimes your instructions are not very clear for some members to understand correctly. You need to "SPELL IT OUT" for them. Also sometimes pictures will help tremendously. Not here to criticize, just a couple of helpful hints because you forget I think that not everyone is as tech savvy as you.

astrovan - go to "Computer" and right-click on it then go to "Properties. Click on "Device Manager" and the look for "Sound, Video and Game contollers" Double-click on that and it will tell you what brand or make of sound chipset you have plus which driver version and the date it was released.

I hope this helps you astrovan... let us know.

Reaction score
What do ya mean Nibs? I don't think it's possible at all to be any more precise and articulate in the instruction given than I have.

I asked for the hardware id info and shown precisely how to post it.

It's the op's mishap by not posting it yet and following, unfortunately.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
What do ya mean Nibs? I don't think it's possible at all to be any more precise and articulate in the instruction given than I have.

I asked for the hardware id info and shown precisely how to post it.

It's the op's mishap by not posting it yet and following, unfortunately.
You didn't show him how to get to the "Device Manager". Your original post states:
Right click it in device manager. Properties. Details tab. Change the dropdown to say hardware ids. Then copy paste the results below to a new post here.
Believe it or not, some users don't know how to get there. Plus a picture is worth a thousand words in lot of these cases here.

Reaction score
With all respect, it's not appropriate for you to direct me on how to help users.

If they won't do that, they should have somebody that will do the repairs instead, IMHO.

You are of course, welcome to post any and everything you want.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
HardwareIDs.jpg

I personally can't remember ever looking at the Hardware IDs myself before I came to this forum and I have been in the computer field a long time. But I do understand Torrent needs them to generate new drivers.

Ask a Question