How do I replace this Dll file or delete ?

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Can any one tel me how to remove rpcss.dll file?
The file reside at c:\windows\system32\rpcss.dll.(remote procedure call system service,I think ).
Reason why I want to remove:---Its infected with virus,my AVG anti-virus is telling all the time ït's infected with virus can't remove or repair.Please help with this shit.

And I'have try to un-register the file,try to delete in safemode,
even tried Restore point also,Didn't work so pls tel something else.....

Reaction score
Nope!,Its doesn't work coz,I have tried almost these malware bytes.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The virus likely protects itself; even when deleted it may restore a back-up copy after reboot. It's important to be in safe mode and to get all of it including back-ups. The truth is, deleting a virus is a long process of full scans and checking and rechecking. For example if Malwarebytes (or other A/V) says the file is corrupt but that it cannot delete or quarantine it, then you need to find out what is protecting it and then delete both things before your next boot takes over (with software like Unlocker) and removing malicious "Run Once" entries from the registry that restore it.

There are several other things you can try such as Windows Defendor Offline which you download & burn to CD or flash drive using another computer then boot to it with the infected machine.

And there is the method I describe at the beginning of my post HERE. Malwarebytes is only part of it but if you use another well-known A/V software you can substitute that ... but many A/Vs will not function in safe mode and that is where you should be.

Also be wary of sites that claim to fix the problem for you if you install their scanner; you may just be adding another infection.

There is a reason places like Best Buy charge $89 and up with no guarantees. I'd say keep at it, the more you do the more experience you gain.

Or you can format the drive and reinstall everything fresh. We encourage people to take back-ups or take images and store them on external backups or the cloud, so that a total reinstall is easier, but unfortunately most standard users don't do this until it is too late ... at least the first time.

Ask a Question