Unlocker

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Unlocker
Ever had any of these annoying error messages?
Cannot Delete Folder: It is being used by another person or program.
Cannot delete file: Access is denied
There has been a sharing violation.
The source or destination file may be in use.
The file is in use by another program or user.
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.

Unlocker is the solution. Unlocker can remove the system locks put on files so you can move or delete them.
Unlocker

With this utility you simply right-click on the file in Windows Explorer and choose unlocker. Unlocker will show you what applications have a hold on the file and offer to break the lock/hold.

Be sure to download the version appropriate for your OS bit-size (32 x86 or 64 x64). Portable version also available!

NOTE: I love this utility and I would venture to say every user has seen one of those errors before and could benefit from it.

In the rare case when the creator's website (Links above) is down, you can also download it at ...
FileHippo or Softpedia

NOTES:
1. On the creators website he encourages a $5 donation; if you want then by all means donate but the product itself is freeware.
2. Also he provides links in Blue to Download RegistryBooster, the links for unlocker are under the RegistryBooster section and are not Blue; this can be confusing because it looks like you want the Download link in Blue but you do not.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal but when I try to download it, I get a 404 page not found error message.

Ask a Question