SOLVED I replaced memory and MSI Laptop still freezes.

Reaction score
Hi All, I have an MSI Small laptop with windows 7 Starter. I added more memory but it still freezes. Can you help me somehow fix this issue?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Make and model of the laptop ... MSI what?
How much memory did it have? and now it has?
Why did you believe the issue was memory in the first place?
Freezes in what way? ..
When surfing the web? ... What web browser?
When watching videos on the web? ... What is your bandwidth? Are you connected wired or wireless?
When watching videos stored on the laptop hard drive? ... What is the file extension of the file (AVI, MP4, MKV)? What software are you using to play it?
Freezes during games? ... What game?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Was the memory that you added on the ASUS Supported list? Did you check that list?

Reaction score
Okay let me restate this. I have an MSI L1350D With windows 7 Starter 32 bit.

The computer froze on the web before I added memory and did the same thing after I added memory. So the memory made no difference is my point. I felt also that even if I were not using the web the computer is a little slow. So I thought it would be great to clean up anything as well as finding the solution as to why it is slow.

Also the internet card looses network key and I have to put it in again. argh!!

Thanks

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Whenever the sluggishness is with "online browsing" the problem is almost never RAM.

What browser are you using? How much bandwidth do you have (connection speed you pay for from your ISP)? Are you connecting wirelessly or wired?

One of the biggest factors people don't seem aware of with a laptop/netbook is the amount of software that attempts to update when you finally do get internet connectivity: windows updates, your anti-virus software, google browser, newest firefox browser, ccleaner, flash player, java, outlook, windows live mail, etc can all be trying to grab updates when you connect and it can take most of your bandwidth. Except for your A/V and email I recommend users disable automatic update and take the responsibility to check for these updates themselves periodically.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you don't answer the questions then I can't know your current situation well enough. For starters you should uninstall all toolbars you don't use.

Run Speedtest.net and post the results.

Run msconfig and post screenshots of your Services tab (first check the box to hide Microsoft services). And screenshots of the Startup tab. Screenshots of your installed programs might also help a little ... control panel > programs and features.

And answer as many of our questions in previous posts as you can.

Ask a Question