Getting really annoying, this one is.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey hey hey guys! :)
I'm having some problems with my netbook, and I felt like visiting the site. Anybody miss me? :D I've posted a tiny bit lately.

So, this has in a way to do with the fact that I make websites... Yes, I'm making tons, I know.
Anyway. So, as I make websites - I also have to manage them. This means replying to emails, private messages, Twitter, Skype and MSN, SSHing into my servers, FTP, etc. All of these use software that are connected to the internet, and thus, use the network drivers.

The thing is, the network drivers on my netbook BSOD when I use too many apps. Sometimes, without even causing a BSOD (which is what usualy happens) they simply crash, or shut down. The only way to fix this is to reboot. There are no crash dumps, and yes, I have memory dumps or whatever they're called, enabled following Ian's tut.

I have had no success updating the drivers (the latest are Vista drivers) and my netbook's model isn't supported - nor will you find it - by Samsung. Also, waranty has expired since September.

Anybody got any ideas? This kinda gets annoying.

Also, I'm looking for a SIMPLE email client. Yet stylish (Poppeeper is..meh).
Something similar to Sparrow? (Sparrow is for Mac). By the way, Metro UI is really awesome. I recommend MetroTwit to anyone with Twitter.

Incidently, I'm moving to Mac in a few months ;) Sorry guys, but Coda and Photoshop on Mac are effing awesome. I'll probably have W7 running in VirtualBox though (I'm going to get the MacBook Pro which has plenty enough RAM)

Cheers!
FC

Ps: My latest site is Twaddlr - going out of beta in a week or so :p

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Traitor! Where's the rope? String 'em up!

Poor boy has succumbed to the CULT OF JOBS! Next we'll see him in a South Park episode.

Well, since your parents will buy you the MAC, why not?

When you want the implant removed... let us know.

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL. Actually, I'm saving for it ;) I'm paying for it.
It has some really nice software for coding - and the computer itself is sleek :)

Anyway, I'm not a Mac maniac :p Windows is still better in loads of things.

Ok. Any ideas for my comp? It also crashes when watching Flash movies, and it also crashes while running chkdsk :s I'm lost.

I'm thinking faulty RAM as well...

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
If you think it's faulty RAM then burn the ISO of Memtest '86 to a CR-RW disc or a USB Flash drive and boot from it and run the diagnostics for it and see what you get.

You may need to let run for several hours.

You can download it from: http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

Ask a Question