full editon

Reaction score
hello guys any body installed the full edition yet still waiting for mine==regards====bob

Reaction score
Yes, completed installations on two laptops.

Install of the basic Win7 is slightly faster than Vista or even XP in about 45 minutes. Then with the install on additional software like Office, Google Toolbar, etc & numerous Windows Updates extends the total time to around 5 hours.

BTW I've noticed a couple of small differences between the full edition and the RC edition that I've been using for the past months. Maybe caused by the install sequence of those additional components.

Does this help?

Reaction score
It takes me about 45 minutes to install Windows 7 and all the applications that don't work when I reformat. All my programs are retained on a separate partition, so data loss is virtually non-existent.

Reaction score
I agree partitioning the harddisk would speed things up but I've got all my personal data plus additional software held on a couple of memory sticks and original disks plus backups of these incase anything goes pearshaped.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
My install only took about 17 minutes on clean install. I put it on a 64GB partition of my 500GB Samsung HDD. The faster the processor the faster the install, plus 4GB of RAM helps too.

Ask a Question