Freezing and random restarts

Reaction score
I have been fighting with my pc I built no more that two months ago. At that time it was fine. Lately it has been trouble for me if put the computer to work ie games, adobe premiere. It never crashes while playing the game but like 15 mins after it will either bsod or freeze or restart. Very frustrating.

Now im not at my computer at this time because I am out of town for a few days however I thought maybe joining another forum I could get some more help. Below is two forums I have usedt o get help and it can explain whats been happening with me. Minidumps are included in the posts Please bug me to add more information if needed. Im really desperate for fix this when I get home. Im able to add one zip file that has a collection of dumps and reports. Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/116109-freezing-random-restarting-bsod.html

http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/49790-bsod-windows-7-64bit-3b-1e.html

Athlon ll x3 3.0ghz
4gigs Ram
GTX 460 1G Video Card
onboard Audio
Ultra 650w PSU

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Test your memory modules one at a time with Memtest86+. Replace if any show as bad.

If the modules continue to show well, install Windows to a different hard drive while removing your original as a test to see how it goes.

Safe mode problems indicate a hardware malfunctioning.

If these are still on the system, remove or update them:

xusb21 xusb21.sys Fri Feb 16 21:43:15 2007
usbfilter usbfilter.sys Fri Apr 03 07:39:51 2009

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Test your memory modules one at a time with Memtest86+. Replace if any show as bad.

If the modules continue to show well, install Windows to a different hard drive while removing your original as a test to see how it goes.

Safe mode problems indicate a hardware malfunctioning.

If these are still on the system, remove or update them:

xusb21 xusb21.sys Fri Feb 16 21:43:15 2007
usbfilter usbfilter.sys Fri Apr 03 07:39:51 2009
Would I be wrong in saying that you allready answered on Windows 7 Forums.com ?

Reaction score
ah Mr TorrentG sir. Your on the other forum as well. Last time I used memtest, it was both sticks. Il try 1 at a time when I get home. I think I have a extra 80gig drive sitting at home I can try.

When I removed the usbfilter.sys and restarted it disabled my keyboard and mouse so cant get rid of that. Also updated all drivers related to usb. The xusb21.sys I have no idea what that is and im afraid i will be stuck with a pc without mouse and keyboard. Do you know what exactly it is?

and sorry for posting in multiple forums but I have to get as much free solutions as I can because I dont want to take it to a shop.

edit: googled xusb21.sys and it shows that its my microsoft xbox controller driver. I use my wireless headset for gaming and skype on it. The disk it came with didnt work so I selected windows common controller and it showed up. I think i installed the software from Microsoft too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
xusb21.sys is the X-Box controller driver and is very likely to be causing issues. Delete it from C:\Windows\System32\drivers, update your chipset drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's site, then reboot,

Reaction score
so if thats the problem am I out of luck using it on my pc?

Reaction score
One thing at a time. First, you should do the things necessary as shown to see if bsods are alleviated. If so, you have the answer to your question and can figure out for yourself what to do.

What I'm trying to say politely is that you're not following directions to alleviate bsod and it shouldn't be further put on myself and other bsod analysts to continue telling you the same things to try to fix your pc.

So best advice is do what needs to be done, post new crashes if necessary. If those drivers are still present as shown, the answer to be helpful to you is going to remain the same.

Good luck! :)

Reaction score
Okay np I understand. When I get home il uninstall and drivers and software associated with the wireless controller.

Reaction score
Now you're talking well...

Yep, please keep us updated in any result or outcome. :)

Ask a Question