Fail to update KB2552343

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, all:

I'm using Windows 7 64bit Professional and failed to update x64-based KB2552343 .
Reported error is Code 800B0100.

I strictly followed the solution mentioned What is the System Update Readiness Tool?
but nothing changed, still the same error.

Can anybody give me a hand please?

Cheers
Pei

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, and nothing has worked to fix it yet. (I've tried the update trouble shooter, and the Microsoft fix it, among other things). The error code given is 800736B3. I'm running Win 7 Pro x64 and this update failure business has been going on since they released it. It's kind of making me crazy. If anyone figures out how to fix this, I'll be thrilled.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
WhoCares, You might check out THIS and email Microsoft if the solution shown does not work like jaipei apparently did.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Try this fix suggestion from the Windows Answers website:

You may try the steps mentioned below.

Reset Windows Update Components.

Click the Fix Me for the reset to happen immediately.

You may also try these steps below.
Open the Windows Update troubleshooter

If your computer is having problems finding and installing operating system updates, try using the Windows Update troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that your computer is connected to the Internet, and checks to see whether your network adapter and Windows Update services are running correctly.
Note
To make sure you have the most up-to-date troubleshooters from the Windows Online Troubleshooting Service, your computer should be connected to the Internet. For more information, see Troubleshooting in Windows.
Open the Windows Update troubleshooter by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then clickTroubleshooting. Under System and Security, clickFix problems with Windows Update. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Refer the following link for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Windows-Update-troubleshooter
Follow the steps mentioned in this link later to install the updates:
Install Windows updates
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Install-Windows-updates

Reaction score
Nibiru2012,

I've done all that Update Component stuff already; no love. I'm about to try the clean boot business (had done this the other day to resolve a software installation problem and it worked well). I'm not that sanguine about my chances, but I'll give it a go and see what happens.

TrainableMan,

Sadly the clean boot technique did not work either. :(

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Good Luck! Believe me when I say ALL of us here have had an issue at one time or another.

When you say "clean boot" do you really mean "clean" install?

Reaction score
Sure. Just using the language of the link followed. Made no difference, so I guess it makes no difference.

I've got an email into MS; let's hope that turns up an answer. Thanks, all.

Reaction score
You may try the steps mentioned below.

Reset Windows Update Components.

Click the Fix Me for the reset to happen immediately.

Check out this link which talks about “How do I reset Windows Update components?”

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/KB971058
You may also try these steps below.

If your computer is having problems finding and installing operating system updates, try using the Windows Update troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that your computer is connected to the Internet, and checks to see whether your network adapter and Windows Update services are running correctly.
Note
To make sure you have the most up-to-date troubleshooters from the Windows Online Troubleshooting Service, your computer should be connected to the Internet. For more information, see Troubleshooting in Windows.
Open the Windows Update troubleshooter by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then clickTroubleshooting. Under System and Security, clickFix problems with Windows Update. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Refer the following link for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Windows-Update-troubleshooter
Follow the steps mentioned in this link later to install the updates:
Install Windows updates
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Install-Windows-updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question