ESET Online Virus Scanner

Reaction score
ESET Online Scanner is a user friendly, free and powerful tool which you can use to remove malware from any PC utilizing only your web browser without having to install anti-virus software. ESET Online Scanner uses the same ThreatSense® technology and signatures as ESET Smart Security/ESET NOD32 Antivirus, and is always up-to-date.

IMPORTANT: Administrator privileges are required to run ESET Online Scanner

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
This freeware scanner was so good, that last week, I ordered the full AV (ESET NOD32 AV 4) from Newegg. It arrived Tuesday, and I've finally dumped MSE for good.

The ESET Online Scanner uses low resources, has an effective scan engine, and will find many things that the regular AV's (even the paid ones) misses. It's worth having on any computer for a monthly scan, for best performance, and more options, it's best ran from IE.

Cat

Reaction score
I have used Eset Nod 32 for several years, and in future will use no other. I used to be a fan of Norton, but after it fouled up on me I got rid of it for good, and had to reinstall Windows to finally clear it out. I have tried and rejected several free programs, but will stick with Eset in future.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
One other thing that I like about the full install, the icon will turn orange to alert you if your system needs updating. How's that for an AV?

Try the online scanner for your self, at the end of the scan it offers a 30 day trial. Once you see how good it is, you'll want the full version.

Cat

Ask a Question