Do they make hard mousepads with soft/felt surfaces?

Reaction score
I like the stability of a hard mousepad, but very few optical or laser mice seem to track well on hard pads...

I'm looking for a hardish mousepad (like one of those teflon pads) but with your standard fuzzy felt covering for max tracking

Does such a pad exist?
...and if so, is there a name for this type of mousepad?

Reaction score
It seems so...I did a quick "BING" search and there seems to be quite a few companies that make them...all be it, custom so they might be a bit pricy.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
but with your standard fuzzy felt covering for max tracking
That may a problem. Not all mice track the same - and it has nothing to do with quality, but choice of laser (wavelength). I note there are aluminum, glass, hard plastic and even wood hard mouse pads and each works great, or poorly depending on the mouse used.

I have a laser Logitech mouse for my notebook that tracks great on carpet, the arm of my upholstered chair, or even my pants leg, but does poorly on my desktop. And my MS laser mouse works great on the same desktop, but not on soft, fuzzy things.

So I would be very hesitant in ordering any mouse pad without first giving it a hands-on test run with my own mouse.

Ask a Question