disk formatting impacts

Reaction score
i have formatted my hard disk many times .I wnat to know whether disk formatting have any negative impacts on hard drive

Reaction score
Instead of formatting hard drives use Anti-virus to keep computer virus free... As if you are formatting your hard drive again and again then it would surely cut down hard drive productivity.

Reaction score
Re: have any negative impacts on hard drive

None that I can think of because they're not like a rewritable DVD with a limited number of surfaces. When you format, use NTFS.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
All drive sectors have a certain amount of writes in them before they will no longer properly hold a charge, but it usually takes years to reach such a point where it becomes an issue. Basically if you scan the hard drive and the number of bad sectors is constantly increasing then it's time to consider replacing the hard drive before important files are lost.

That being said, depending what type of formatting you are doing, you may not really be overwriting much of anything. If you choose the "quick format" option then you are only overwriting the file pointers, the files/folders are still there only the pointer to the space has been marked as "free".

Ask a Question