Disappearing menu when right-clicking icons on taskbar

PEN

Reaction score
Hi all.

I wonder if anyone's come across this problem of a disappearing menu when right-clicking icons on taskbar. I see the menu then as soon as I navigate to it, it disappears. It's the same when I leftclick the show hidden icons button.

It's hard to explain so I've taken a little video of the problem.

[ame="[URL]http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h284/mpppen/?action=view&current=Taskbbarproblem-1.flv[/URL]"]Taskbbarproblem-1.flv video by mpppen - Photobucket[/ame]

TIA for any help

PEN

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
How strange, I've not seen anything like that before. Have you got any applications running in the background which could be interfering with the mouse or theme system? Also, does it do the same thing in safe mode?

Reaction score
How recent did you install the OS, which version, and have you got virus protection? I dont think a virus would do this, but you might consider doing a repair install.
And thanks for the video helped us to understand alot :)

PEN

Reaction score
OK I've managed to solve it.

It was strange as I reinstalled windows as an upgrade and it still did it. I then created a new user and it didn't.

So I copied all my user settings to the new user and it's fine. Bit messy but seemed to work.

Can't think what was causing it to go but hey ho.

Cheers

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you're back up and running PEN :)

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Ah, things like this is why Microsoft didn't recommend in-place upgrades. Those really should have come with a strict warning, because all sorts of odd profile and driver problems can result.

Very glad ya figure out a work around. :)

Ask a Question