disappearing battery status icon

Reaction score
I just noticed my battery status icon is missing. When I right click the task bar and check the list it's set to show, but it doesn't. ???

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
nailbanger, welcome to the forum! What you could do is reset your icon display to default and see what happens. If it doesn't show, post back and let us know, someone else may have an answer. Best of luck to you.

Reaction score
Go to: Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Notification Area Icons > System Icons

Check your settings or Reset Default Icon Behaviors

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Windows 7 can also group icons into the Notification Area Overflow so if you have a little triangle icon, hit that and see if your battery is in there.
NotificationAreaOverflow.jpg

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Right click the small white triangle in the notification area and select "properties"
If the power is showing off, and you cannot change it, then it has possibly been accidently turned off at the monitor.
Open the device manage, and click "batteries". Right cliuck the "Microsoft ACPI-compliant ontrol Method Battery". Make sure it is enabled..

Reaction score
Right click the small white triangle in the notification area and select "properties"
If the power is showing off, and you cannot change it, then it has possibly been accidentally turned off at the monitor.
Open the device manage, and click "batteries". Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-compliant control Method Battery". Make sure it is enabled..

Davehc, I did as you directed. Enabled was not one of the choice when I followed you simple instructions.

Please help.

Thanks for your prompt attention to my plea for help.

Reg Gupton

Reaction score
Perfect, TrainableMan. You are my hero. I am a happy guy.
And now, every time I restart my computer, I lose the battery status icon.

At least now I know what to do.

Any other tips so the icon does not go away?

Thanks for your help.

Reg Gupton

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
First check the toolbar settings (Control Panel > Notification Area Icons) to make sure the battery indicator is set to "show icons and notifications".

But if it continually goes away even after that then I suspect registry damage and your options there are to try to recover with a "system restore" to a time before the trouble began or a total reinstall of Windows 7.

Ask a Question