Constant freezing & BSOD

Reaction score
Hi all,

Before I go off into what is wrong, I would just like to stress that I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to the guts of a computer and the ways in which to go about fixing it, hence my being here.

I clean installed Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire 5735 months ago using a student discount, and I loved it, I then broke my power adaptor so couldn't use it for a few weeks. Having returned to using the computer it was very sluggish, freezing, and BSODing. Seeing as it was relatively empty, I just performed another clean install.

Moments after logging on, my computer will freeze, mouse still able to move, but the taskbar and programs just stop (if I even have time to click anything before it freezes). Sometimes when I am able to log off before it freezes (literally, seconds) it will BSOD then just die.

I read that it could be drivers, so I bought Driver Reviver. Updated drivers, and still nothing. I've tried everything that I'm capable of, and was wondering whether I should just try and reinstall Vista again and forget about Windows 7? It's just that it was working perfectly fine months ago, no hang ups, freezes, or BSODs.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Ask a Question