SOLVED computer stopped seeing my camera (USB issue?)

Reaction score
I can no longer transfer pics from camera to computer. When I plug camera into computer nothing happens. it used to work fine and ive made no changes. Except for the latest win security update. Not sure if my issue started right after that, but maybe.

canon powershot a520. win7 sp1 with all security updates. Not using the canon picture software. Just plug in the usb cable, then see the camera in win explorer, drag the pic files to HDD, delete them from the camera then turn off the camera and unplug it. Been doing this for years. The last few times I had to turn the camera off and on a few times before I saw it in win explorer, now even that wont work anymore.

Last time I charged my cell from the usb cable a few days ago I got the attached notice, but it still charged, so I forgot about it. I just now plugged the cell into usb and got this again. I never saw this notice previously when charging my cell.

Please help me. I need my pics,
pa

Attachments

Reaction score
I found the issue with the camera. Although the cell phone still gets that notice, which does not stop it from charging, which is all that I need.

Reaction score
Hi Paulmars,

Sorry to hear about your problem.

There are few possibilities of your problem which are as follows:

• There may be an issue with the USB port.

• Driver Issues, etc.

To resolve your issue, I recommend you to go through http://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/external-hard-drive-not-recognized-windows-8-1-pc/ which will not only resolve the similar problem of a hard drive but also resolve the problems related to any other external drive.

I hope this will help you out.

Ask a Question