The Windows Modules Installer service entered the stopped state - computer crashes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all,
This is my first post so I'm not sure if I've posted this in the right place.

I am currently having some trouble with my computer randomly crashing at various points. I've only recently looked into the problem in event viewer after my computer crashed - I've rebooted the computer, opened event viewer and found something that may be causing the system to crash.

"The Windows Modules Installer service entered the stopped state."

I found this in the system logs in event viewer, the reason I believe this is what is causing the computer to crash is because the next event is the system being booted.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

If you need anymore information, just ask and I will try my best to reply.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
chrismid259, welcome to the forum! I've been having similar problems myself, do you own a Dell? That would explain a lot in itself. If the crashes continue, try a reinstall, that's the first thing that I'd do. Mabye even flashing the BIOS would help. Try these things, if you're still having problems, post back anytime.

Reaction score
chrismid259, welcome to the forum! I've been having similar problems myself, do you own a Dell? That would explain a lot in itself. If the crashes continue, try a reinstall, that's the first thing that I'd do. Mabye even flashing the BIOS would help. Try these things, if you're still having problems, post back anytime.
My computer isn't a Dell - it's a Medion.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
My computer isn't a Dell - it's a Medion.
Thanks, at least you're safe from Dell's problems, which has been a nightmare for many, including me. Hopefully, yours will be right soon, mabye some answers will soon come in.

Reaction score
yes we are. upload your minidump files and some one will look at them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question