Computer crashes/restarts on wake from sleep

Reaction score
Hi experts, I'm stumped.

My Samsung R580 is a couple of years old and has, until now, worked very well. About a month ago, it started crashing/restarting when I'd wake it from sleep mode. I think I had updated Flash player and Firefox, but even rolling those updates back didn't fix the problem.

I believe all my drivers are up to date and my BIOS is the latest available.

My battery is worn out and needs to be replaced. The battery manager says it won't take a charge any more. It runs fine when plugged in but I haven't pushed the battery life recently. Could that be the problem?

I've run a memtest with no errors, but only one pass for now. I can set it to run later to get the recommended 10 passes. I did a chkdsk with no issues.

I've attached my latest minidump. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
No your video drivers are not up-to-date. NVidia

It would be a good idea to also scan for viruses as explained HERE.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, that didn't help. I updated the Nvidia driver and now the computer just locks up for about 10 minutes when I try to put it to sleep, then BSODs and shuts off. It doesn't even restart anymore.

I use Avast AV and ran TDSS and rkill before doing an AV scan. Nada. Didn't think there'd be anything, since Avast seems pretty good about catching things as they come up.

Newest dump log attached.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
How long have you been using AVAST? It is known to cause BSODs on some machines so you might try uninstalling AVAST (not just turning it off, that doesn't remove the drivers). It''s just a possibility, if it doesn't help you can always reinstall.

If that doesn't help you might want to try posting your DMP files in another forum that has active BSOD experts; I haven't seen any here in a couple months.

Reaction score
It's been at least a year since I switched to Avast. No issues up until a month ago.

I'll try a different forum, then, before uninstalling. A "second opinion" if you will. Thank you.

Ask a Question