SOLVED compatibility canon BJC 250 with windows 7 64 bit

Reaction score
Problems drivers canon bjc 250 windows 7 64 bits

Hi Fred_Barney - Welcome to the site :ciao:

Canon BJC-250 Series Drivers & Downloads

I'm not seeing any Vista drivers - Have you tried the XP drivers from the Canon download page. You may need to use Compatibility Mode.
thank for your answer.

When I installed windows vista 64 bits, i found drivers for canon 240 BJC embedded but on Windows 7 64 bits i can't see it. my printer canon bjc 250 worked with drivers canon bjc 240.

I tried use drivers windows xp 64 bit included but it's impossible install it.

canon's series bjc 250 works only windows 32 bits. help me please.

windows vista and 7 32 bits works with drivers xp BJC 250 series very well but windows 7 64 bit can't do it.

please help me, it's just a problem.

Reaction score
I haven't solved it

thanks for yours tips but i can't do it.

I haven't choose anymore, i must continue using windows 7 32 bits. I didn't find the drivers' printer.

If i install windows 7 64 bits then i have to throw out my old print.

I back down to windows 7 32 bit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was able to get my BJC-250 to work with Windows 7. When adding the printer, choose the option to use Windows update to look for new drivers. When I did so, I found a driver for the BJC-240. I installed that and it appears to be working fine.

Reaction score
I Hope to do it

I was able to get my BJC-250 to work with Windows 7. When adding the printer, choose the option to use Windows update to look for new drivers. When I did so, I found a driver for the BJC-240. I installed that and it appears to be working fine.
findwaldo ¿Did you find driver for the BJC-240 with windows 7 64 bits? Where?

I know that the drivers' BJC 240 work with BJC 250 very well.

Can you prove it? ¿May you upload a screenshot? please.

I wasted my time trying to get it, so i need to be sure.

Reaction score
I went to devices & printers and then clicked on add printer. When I got to the part of the wizard that asked for my printer name and model, the bjc's weren't listed under the options. There was a button on the page that will allow you do a windows update of some sort to check for new drivers. It took a couple of minutes for this to complete. When the updated list came back, the bjc-240 was listed under the canon models.

I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 7

Hope that helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Canon%20BJC-240%20Inkjet%20Printer&v=Canon&uid=&pf=0π=0&s=canon%20bjc%20240&os=64-bit

Last edited:
Reaction score
I went to devices & printers and then clicked on add printer. When I got to the part of the wizard that asked for my printer name and model, the bjc's weren't listed under the options. There was a button on the page that will allow you do a windows update of some sort to check for new drivers. It took a couple of minutes for this to complete. When the updated list came back, the bjc-240 was listed under the canon models.

Hope that helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Canon%20BJC-240%20Inkjet%20Printer&v=Canon&uid=&pf=0π=0&s=canon%20bjc%20240&os=64-bit

Thank you so much.

I really appreciate your reply. Enjoyed your post and am now following your recommendations. But i need a couple days.

However i found that:

http://www.usa.canon.com/app/html/windowsupport/win7page.html

Canon BJC-240 or 250 doesn't appear there.

Reaction score
I've got to enable my old printer canon BJC-250 on windows 7 64 bits.

When window update find the drivers, it download this folder.

C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\prnca005.inf_amd64_neutral_179dd80b276be15d

There are the Canon Inkjet Printer Driver for Microsoft Windows Vista (included canon BJC-240).

Check it out

I'd like disappear "?" icon canon BJC-250 on Device manager. well, but that's no problem.

The Canon BJC-240 drivers are embed on windows vista but on windows 7 there are no longer available (only windows update).
Close case.

Thank you so much.
:ciao:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Canoscan Scanner 1250 UTf

I find the same thing with my Canoscan 1250 UTf as you do with your printer and blame two people for this and also a question.

Canon say that instead of the new drivers that they've come out with a nice new Scanner for us to buy that will work on Windows 7 but why when my scanner is just like new as I'm guessing your printer is.

What I'd like to know is if the Scanner would run if I had stuck to the 32 bit field. I may try this and if not I may just go back to a much older window such as the Mickey Mouse 2000 on which the Canoscan 1250 works perfectly. I really don't need all this other stuff anyways for the things I do.

Any others feel the same way????

Reaction score
it seems that right now even the BJC 250 is win7 64bit compatible:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/co...anon&uid=&pf=0&pi=1&s=canon bjc 250&os=32-bit

but im still not able to install the printer, bcs i have to connect it via USB to LTP cable and that way the windows update function for drivers doesn't work :(

can anybody send me the bjc240 or even better, the bjc250 64 bit driver to this adress: 4indymedia[at]gmail.com

i would really appreciate!

Reaction score
I’m using Cable adapter LPT to USB to hook the printer up to the computer. I had a problem on windows 7 64 bits, however I could solve it. I found driver BJC 240 automatically when I get connect internet and windows update got it.

Please, try again you can get it.

Reaction score
thx alot, my printer works now with win7 64bit but it takes 5-10 minutes for each printing job bcs of the USB to LTP adapter.

is there anybody using an adapter as well and has a solution? this problem occurs with winXP 32bit as well, so im quite sure its the adapter, not the driver.

via LTP everything is fine, but my new laptop has no LTP...

any suggestions are highly appreciated!

Problem solved:

i just had to deactivate "bidirectional support" and "printer pool" in the flag "connections" of my printer properties.

now its even faster than it was before via direct LTP connection :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you so much!!!

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much findwaldo. I've been struggling for days to get this to work & now thanks to you I've got it working, I actually registered on here just to thank you & the original poster. I'm running Windows 7 64bit version, installed the BJC-240 driver (using your method) & got my BJC-250 to work using the LPT port.
Perfect, thanks again

Reaction score
thanks to w8ers and everybody else!
after searching and trying without success, it finally worked with your driver. i had to install it manually and now i can print again with my new notebook!
thanks a lot!

Reaction score
Only to confirm, BJC-250 and BJC-240 work under Windows 10 with the driver posted under #14 above, cheers

Ask a Question