Win 7 x64 upgrade compatibility Q

Reaction score
Hi guys - hoping someone can be patient in helping me out.

I'm running Win 7 as 32 bit currently on a Gigabyte MB (partial spec below). It's currently got 8 Mb of memory, & I've literally just reinstalled Win 7 yesterday so this is the time to reinstall if ever as I've everything freshly backed up (I know it's a clean install but that's what I do routinely anyway)

Firstly I presume it has the capacity for me to upgrade Win 7 to x64 bit? And secondly what programs will or won't be usable if I do e.g. Office 2010, older scanner software (which I can get to work with the 32 bit version), camera, phone software etc.

Any input/help etc truly appreciated.

GPU Clock Speed 850 MHz
Description Intel Pentium Dual Core (G2030) 3GHz Processor 3MB L3 Cache 5.0GT/s Bus Speed (Boxed)
Command Set Extensions SSE4.1/4.2
Number of Memory Channels 2
CPU Family Intel Pentium Dual Core
Processor Number G2030
CPU Speed 3.0 GHz
TDP (Thermal Design Power) 55 W
L3 Cache 3 MB
Architecture 64-bit
Technology 22nm
Graphics Base Frequency 650 MHz
Number of Threads 2

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Microsoft Office 2010 will run fine in a 64-bit environment as will most software. What will not work in 64-bit is hardware that only offers 32-bit drivers (check your scanner) and very old software which was actually written for 16-bit computers.

Look up each product in the Microsoft Compatibility Center. By default now it shows the results for Windows 8 but if you then click on the item in the list you can choose Windows 7 from the drop-down menu.

Reaction score
Thank you SO much for providing that info - helps me greatly.

Ask a Question