Channel line up change

Reaction score
Yet again my cable company is changing it's channel line up. Just when I've got finger memory encoded in my brain to use the remote with out looking, it's like typing for me now (don't need to look), they go and screw up my finger memory with this massive channel line up change and adding some new channels as well. I'm just wondering what this is going to end up costing me in the long run....to be sure there will be some sort of charged tacked on and call it some thing else....

Reaction score
I used to work for one of the major cable companies that provides service in the midwest and unfortunately that can occur. Most of the time they switch the channel line up for better signal distribution or the vendor (for example HBO, Showtime, etc.) requests a change. They shouldn't charge you one way or another for switching around the channels unless you requested a new tier of service. If you're getting a channel you were not before and not sure if you're getting charged for it, I would call your provider and make sure they are not billing you for it. I've had dish for almost a year now and haven't seen any line up changes and the whole experience is not as bad as what some cable companies say.

Reaction score
I appreciate your response and know exactly what you mean and understand why they do the changes. Here in our area, our cable company finally made the switch to supposedly all digital like congress passed. With that big change it too involved a channel line up change and few months later there was some hardware upgrades and some firmware too and yet another channel line up change. Now today in the mail we are being informed that on the 12th of April there is going to be this big massive channel line up change. All the tiers are changing along with all the channels except for the local channels. If I didn't know any better I'd swear it's like upgrading from XP to 7. It's an all new format. I'm kind of looking forward to it really. Basically I'm just venting my frustrations out here so other's can join in my suffering...lol Just thought I would share....

Ask a Question