SOLVED TV tuner stopped getting any channels after Patch Tuesday updates

Reaction score
I could use some help on this one. Ever since installing the Patch Tuesday updates for Windows 7 x64 & Office 2007 Home & Student (22 updates totalmy Hauppage WinTV HVR-1850 hasn't been able to get any tv channels for more than 2 seconds.My cables are ok. It's not my standard cable service as my hdtv works fine. TV tuner drivers and all others are updated. I've tried uninstalling the tuner and it;s drivers. Got the same effect. Moved the tuner to a different slot on the motherboard with yet the same effect again. I've got all current drivers from MSI,AMD. Realtek & Hauppage.The effect I'm getting is if I click on Live TV in Media Center, it works fine for 2 seconds, then the channel gets artifacts and then Media Center's screen goes blue with writing saying basically there's no signal.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
brkkab123 - when you post that one of your threads you started has been solved, please go to the top of the page click on the "Solved" section so other forum members may see it's been solved also.

Thanks ~ Nibs

Ask a Question