Can't Log-In

Reaction score
I’m running windows 7 32 bit.

I’m helping a relative.

One of the problem is, I went to login and got an error saying “user profile service failed the logon” so I’m using the guest login.

I know how to fix the user profile but every time I try anything I’m asked for the login password. I enter the password but it’s not taking it. I know when the problem started, they (relatives) tried to change the password but windows would not accept it so I’m told, so the password was never changed. (I’m now thinking it was)

I tried safe mode, computer system repair, tried to restore to a different restore point but there are none.

My last resort is to do a new install. I would like to keep all the files from the computer before the new install but I can’t get to them because of the password problem.

Is there any way I can get to all the pictures and word files or are the all lost?

Thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
"user profile service failed the logon" often means the registry for the userid has been corrupted. But since you think it may just be the wrong password you could try Windows Password Remover. You will need another computer to create a bootable CD and then boot this machine to the CD you made.

Ask a Question