SOLVED Open/Save as dialogs are too big / can't get back to normal size...

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new here and about a week ago I installed Windows 7 64-bit, I was using the 32-bit for years, and I had a problem with Photoshop freezing up when I click on the font tool, well I sence got this problem fixed, now my problem is that some, not all, of my Open/Save as dialogs are too big / can't get back to normal size. I tried using the " Make it easer to read on your screen " thing in display settings, that is set to " smaller 100% (default) ", I did change that to "Medium (125%) for a minute and put it back to " smaller 100% (default) " then the " Set custom text size (DPI)" and that's at 100%, I didn't touch that one. Screenshots of what I'm talking about are below.

I really need to get this fixed... If anyone can please help me out here, it would be greatly appreciated!

This open dialog box is normal.

But look at the bottem part.

This is Photoshops open dialog, Can't get it to size down, I can make it bigger though.

This is Photoshops Save as dialog, same this as the open.

This is an older version of Paint Shop Pro, Open dialog, same thing here but see how big the text and buttons are?

Paint Shop Pro, Save as dialog box and the options dialog, same thing here but see how big the text and buttons are?

But the normal apps that get installed with windows are fine.

Reaction score
I really need to get this fixed, I don't want to have to reinstall again. Someone out there has to know the answer to this.:mad::confused:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I've never seen that issue before. I would right-click on the desktop > Personalize & choose the non-aero Windows classic theme. If that doesn't fix it then I would try a reinstall right overtop the existing installation (not reformat the HD first). If it still persists the a full reinstall is probably the only option

Reaction score
I have it fixed now. I installed the Service Pack 1 for windows 7 64bit and now everything is fine.

Ask a Question