Windows cannot be installed to this disk error

Reaction score
When I start the W7 32bit install to the 160GB drive

I get the message
Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.
"
I have an ASUS EEE PC
As the disk was previously working and the BIOS does not seem to have a controller option I'm note sure where to go next.i have 2 partitions c: and D:.i can format C: but format option is disabled for D: and next button is disabled for both partitions even though i have 50GB free space in each partition.any help me soon please

Reaction score
Hello Spprakas.... you have not entered all the details but looking at your details... you are using a New hard drive which is Advanced Format Drive which uses a 4k sector instead of 512. You should go for a Windows 7 with SP1 disk. it will install like a charm without any problem.

Reaction score
spprakas: are trying to do a clean install of a full version of win7 or upgrading. your hard drive is split into drive C and drive D cause drive C is the bootable drive and drive D is the hidden partition that asus has a factory default restore partition that you use when problem arises. which version does your computer have and which version are you trying to install. if its win7 starter, then you might have problem upgrading it since starter is just like home basic, it just has the basics for windows to work.
go in bios look for a D2D and disable it if your doing a custom install (clean install). by disabling the D2D, you can delete all of the partitions and create one large partition to install to. windows will create a system reserve and a boot partition. although it wont be the entire 160gb, mine is a 160gb and it came out as 149gb after doing a clean install. a 100mb is system reserve and 148gb with 18gb for windows with a 133gb free.

Ask a Question