Installing windows 7 and we lost power,creating an error in installation. Now cannot

Reaction score
I was downloading windows 7 and it was at the last stage where our house lost power and the computer had to restart. I turn on the computer and just before the page where you access your accounts the installing page comes up. then a message pops up saying "the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unepected errore. windows installation cannot proceed. to install windows, click "ok" to restart the computer, and the restart the installation"

I click "ok" and the same thing pops up. Im not sure how i manually restart the installation because i cannot log in into my account. Also i tried uploading my computer in safe mode and it didnt help.

How do i finish the installation
OR
How can I upload my computer with windows XP (already installed on my comp.)
Cheers

I dont have the cd. i had downloaded it from the windows internet

Reaction score
Hi studaly - Welcome to w7forums

There is no easy way to say this so here it is. Now that the installation did not go as planned and has entered a bootup loop. You will need to get your hands on a copy of windows or atleast a repair disk somehow to correct this issue.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi studaly

As Clifford says you need a Windows disk to boot in to your XP then format the partition where your Windows 7 installation went wrong and start again afresh, if you can borrow a disk you can resolve this problem quite easily.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I dont have the cd. i had downloaded it from the windows internet
If you have the full ISO image, then burn it to a DVD disc. That will solve your problems. The install from the DVD.

Ask a Question