cannot install setup.exe CS4 Master Collection

Reaction score
Hello all,

When I insert the DVD for CS4 Master Collection....I click Setup.exe, Windows 7 just shows for a brief moment that something is happening (the o-ring beside the cursor) and then nothing happens. I tried the following:

set myself as administrator
turned off UAC
used compatibility modes of all XP and Vista versions
Installed the DVD onto the hard drive itself and executed the setup.exe from there

Nothing happened. Still cannot install CS4 on Windows 7. I did this wonderfully on Windows XP but not on this Windows. My Windows 7 is RC Build 7100

I need this working so I really would appreciate a detailed response. thanks!!!!!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Please don't double post Freedom, as it makes things confusing when people reply to two threads on the same topic :)

You could try the following and see if it helps. Some people have experienced problems when installing applications on Windows 7:

Open Registry
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\SQMClient\Wi ndows\Disabled Sessions
Rename key 'MachineThrottling' to '_MachineThrottling'

Reaction score
Ian

Yes I forgot that I tried that....there is no "Machine Throttle" in that part of the registry.

there is just under "disabled sessions"

ab default

Reaction score
to be clear there is nothing in the "Disabled Sessions" that says "Machine Throttling"

just what seems to be blank

ab default reg sz (value not set)

Ask a Question