Can not install Operating System

Reaction score
Hello !

I tried to install a myriad of DVDs or USB sticks Widows 7 that in the pc of my friends all go perfectly, in my case initially installing it goes, but then I get the following message:

"FILE OR DIRECTORY D: DAMAGED AND NOT READABLE.

RUN THE UTILITY 'CHKDSK "

If I install another operating system such as Linux Mint or Ubuntu are successful but when I click on Restart Now, the system will not start.

Only the mode 'Live Linux systems operating normally.

My PC is' a Dual Core AMD 2
on the motherboard GIGABYTE GA-M61SME-S2 produced in 2007- 4Gb Ram
HD 2 TB. Western Digital.

My hard disk has only one year, and then yesterday I did two tests of two different utilities, one of the Western Digital would be the house of my hard drive, and an 'other external software, all two tests with no errors .

I also run the utility 'chkdsk, no errors

And also, I did the memory test ram with MemTest86 without errors.

I await your help. Thank you!

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
GRUB can prevent W7 from installing but from what you say it does install, it just fails on restart. Still my best guess would be some issue with the bootsector of the hard drive; including the possibility the hard drive is failing. If you have run the /fixboot and /fixmbr to no avail then I would consider trying a different hard drive.

How to Remove GRUB

Ask a Question