Can i upgrade from Windows 7 Home Basic OEM version to Home Premium non-OEM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a PC with Windows 7 Home Basic OEM. I have to upgrade the motherboard. so OEM version will go invalid. So is there any possibility to upgrade from home basic OEM to home Premium Non-OEM?

Thanks

Jo

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Legally you would need to buy Home Premium Full.

The truth is, at least here in the USA, that we can normally reinstall the OEM and when we activate we just have to call MS and say we replaced some bad hardware. To get to Home Premium you would then use the Anytime Upgrade but if you anytime an OEM you still have an OEM.

Reaction score
Yes you can upgrade to Home Premium! First Save all your personeal stuff then Boot from your OEM Win7 Premium disk (See: articles by "Paul Thurrott's Web Site) here it tell's you how to do this the leageal way, Microsoft knows this and they have aproved it.

I have a Win7 premium disk and this is how i did it, you will have to install it "two" (2) times to get it right so serch Paul's site and you will find out how to install "Win7 Premium oem"

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
This thread is nearly 2 months old and no other activity on it.
Therefore, I'm locking this thread down as it is no longer relevant.

Thanks for understanding! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question