Windows 7 ultimate upgrade from vista home basic

Reaction score
Hi Please help me in this issue.

I got a original windows 7 ultimate CD and during the upgare it gives below error code

Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570

How do i compleate te installation. pls give some clues ASAP

Ash:confused:

Reaction score
Hi ashboy - Welcome to w7forums

Did you mark this thread solved on purpose?

If you are still having troubles the thread shouldn't be marked solved. :)

Reaction score
Still i am having this issue, i cant upgrade to win7 ultimate, it gives below error, i am stucked please help me to resolve this issue.

Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070570

Reaction score
Hi ashboy

I have a question

Do you have a recovery partition on this computer?
If so the recovery partition maybe causing you problems.

Reaction score
Yes have a recovery partition,

so whats the solution, what do i have to do ?

please give me a detailed solution.

Rgds

Reaction score
You may need to delete the recovery partition to get passed the error.

If you have a recovery disk with your computer. The disk will do the same as the partition. These recovery disk can also be purchased from the manufacturer. Some systems are even designed so that you can create one set of disk from within the operating system (HP for example lets you create one set of disk). I wanted to point all this out before you continued.

When you start the install you will see a screen to select the drive in which to install. Before selecting the drive look to the bottom for advanced options. From there you can delete partitions, create partitions, and format. This is what you want to do, delete all partitions, create one primary partition (30GB or greater), then format the partition ntfs with default allocation size. Once finished formating the drive start the install.

Ask a Question