Bluescreen problem on the first boot up

Reaction score
Hi, I ordered a couple of components a week ago which went well with the building and installing, until the first bluescreen popped up during the night of the very same day.
Next day I got another two of them, so I started to look for newer drivers and the problem still appeared. I realized by time that the bluescreen only appeared on the first boot up when the computer had been of for like 30 minutes or more. I then tried to get some information on the bluescreen by setting it to manual reset on the next crash. But I didnt get any smarter from it since it didnt really make any sense to me.

Once again I started to google related issues and found this thread
https://www.w7forums.com/windows-7-bsod-first-boot-up-t7839.html

Read it and switched my RAM into the other two DIMM slots, but without luck. This was today.
I thought I could share my Mini-dump and DxDiag file in case someone could dig deeper into this for me and help out. Sooner the better since I think time is running out on sending something back to the place i got it from, if somethings not compatible that did say.

Also, I have run "sfc /scannow" in cmd without any errors found, as well as some other tests. The two latest minidump files are from which the RAM was inserted in the other slots. I had bios updated yesterday.

System:
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core i5 2500K, 3.3GHz, 6MB
Asus Sabertooth P67 B3 Intel P67 Socket 1155 ATX
Asus GTX570 1280MB PCI-E DC
Corsair Classic 8GB Kit PC3-12800, 1600MHz, 2x240 DIMM
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm 64MB SATA-3
CORSAIR CX 600W V2 ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V PSU
BenQ GL2440HM LED 24" (with drivers)

Edit.
Inserting a text file which has copied text from the bluescreen information that shows after a reset, to attached files.

Attachments

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Hi,

In two of the mini dumps avguard.exe showed up.Which is bitdefender, I think? So you might try removing ( whilst staying off the internet) bitdefender. Just to see if that fixes the issue. And/or look for an update.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Avguard is from Antivir virusprogram, if it was bitdefender the program you referred to. Thank you for the post, I will uninstall antivir, go to sleep and report back here tomorrow, based on how the first boot works. Much appreciated! :)

Reaction score
Nope, it happend again. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION the bluescreen said, along with everything else. Im attaching the latest dump file and the latest BSOD info.

Attachments

Reaction score
Sorry for making new posts instead of editing old ones, but i want to keep every error organized.
Bluescreen just appeared again after being off a couple of hours.
This time the BS said the following:

"A driver has overrun a stack-based buffer. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed."

I should add that since the last reformat of windows 7, I only installed the latest graphic, audio and network drivers, and left the rest out.

Adding latest minidump and bluescreen information.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Have you also put on the latest chipset drivers for the motherboard?

Actually as a bare minimum any hardware you have on your system should have the latest drivers installed.

The previous mini dump was complaining about itype.exe which is a driver for Microsoft hardware.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had the chipset driver before i reformated, and it still appeared then. But I think I have found what could be a solution. Found this thread:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...screen-on-first-bootup-of-the-day-568829.html

Guy tried running the system with one RAM card and unplugged the other one. At last he found out that one of them was bad. So I will unplug one of mine and if the issue still appear Im gona try with the other one. Hopefully the bluescreen wont appear on one of them.

Interesting with the itype. It seems to be from my keyboard, which btw also require drivers. Gona go ahead and plug in my old keyboard as well when Im done with the RAM unplugging and had let the computer be off for a while. Ill be back with answers in a couple of hours. Thanks for posting!

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate, all good. So long as at the end of the day you get you PC working correctly.

Reaction score
Guess what? Removed one block of ram last night, still got it with the one that was plugged in by then. Removed it and tried with the next one and two hours in no bluescreen from the first boot. (yay).
Now for trying the positive one in all diffrent DIMM slots to see wether it is the DIMM slots or RAM blocks the problem lies in.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Thanks for keeping us up-to-date. Interesting that the RAM was faulty.
As for the RAM slots, have a look in the manual for the motherboard, it should indicate what you are allowed to do there.

Reaction score
Yeah I've checked the "qualified vendors list" for 1600mhz which I have and the handbook doesnt list any 8GB (2x4GB) from Corsair. But on the other hand, I found a qualified vendors list on the official website:
http://support.asus.com/download.as... P67&p=1&s=39&os=30&hashedid=ZYgjt71bzlh62Zk9

Second one from the top, in the Qualified Vendors List.
Anyway, Ive tried the working RAM-card in almost every different DIMM slot and it turns out fine every time. Seems like Ive fallen victim of a bad memory card. I will mark this thread solved as soon as I have received the new RAM and got things working. Thanks for helping out Shintaro.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
I appreciate you updating your progress. This thread may help others in the future.

Ask a Question