Backgrade to WinXP over Win7

Reaction score
Hello,

I'd like to have XP over Win7.
1 HDD with 2 partitions - C: win7 and F: storage.
How can I reinstall WinXP on C? Not dual but INSTEAD of Win7.
(I don't want to backup F to an external drive if it is not necessary)
I tried with BIOS but no SATA configuration as others suggested. It is Award BIOS 6.00.

Thanks

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Boot from the Windows XP installation disc, remove the Windows 7 system partition(s), not touching the storage partition, recreate a partition in the empty space, and install XP into it.

No one can force you to back up your data, but don't blame anyone else if you lose it. Repartitioning, reformatting, and reinstalling operating systems are always risky endeavors.

Reaction score
Boot from the Windows XP installation disc, remove the Windows 7 system partition(s), not touching the storage partition, recreate a partition in the empty space, and install XP into it.

No one can force you to back up your data, but don't blame anyone else if you lose it. Repartitioning, reformatting, and reinstalling operating systems are always risky endeavors.
Hello again,

I made a backup from F and merge 2 partitions for easier install of XP. My problem:
I boot from install CD (I got another one, last one was maybe wrong) and boot is ok, check hardware, copying files etc. OK. When it restarts in 15 seconds, after boot the process starts again from the very first steps. What should I do? I tried during reboot to change first boot item to HDD but error (OK, I was a bit naive..) Any suggestions?
Thanks

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
What error do you get?

Reaction score
What error do you get?
No error code or similar!
You know that there is a restart after 1st steps of install: hardware check, formatting, copy files etc. - "hit enter to restart - 15 sec"
After reboot - boot CD, hit any key to continue and the process starts again: hardware check, formatting, copy files etc.

Ask a Question