Are These Temps Normal??

Reaction score
My Nvidia graphics card has being getting to 110 degreese c. My pc has been blue screening because of it. it is a PNY GT520. the link is here:
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/pny-gt-520-pci-e-graphics-card-1gb-10893075-pdt.html

All i want to know is if these tems are normal because to me 110 degrese is a bit on the hot side.
My pc's cooling is fine ive got a high performance CPU fan and a 5000RPM case fan..

Here are my specs:

Intel core i3 CPU @ 3.8GHZ
8GB ddr3 memory
ASUS Motherboard
64 GB ssd and 2TB Sata HDD
windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
This Graphics Card Mentioned
Dual monitors
Two BLU RAY Drives

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
That's too hot. Do you get these same temps & BSODs if you run just one monitor off the card?

Reaction score
Only have one case fan......I have 3 case fans. Post a inside picture of your case setup. This way will have a visual and can advise for a better solution. Here is a picture of what my set up looks like....never mind the cableing.

100_0786.jpg

Reaction score
My fan is spinning and i still get BSOD on single monitor. I'll post some pics down below. and thank you for all of your help so far :) All the users are so kind hrer by helping me when i need help Thank you Windows 7 Forums!

I havent got my graphics card plugged in as it is not working.

Attachments

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
If you have the case open, the video card fan is spinning and the video card is still over heating. Then I would return the video to where ever you bought it. It sounds like the transference of heat from the chips to the heat sync is not working or the chips on the video car are simply faulty.

Reaction score
My fan is spinning and i still get BSOD on single monitor. I'll post some pics down below. and thank you for all of your help so far :) All the users are so kind hrer by helping me when i need help Thank you Windows 7 Forums!

I havent got my graphics card plugged in as it is not working.

I only see one case fan. I see the cpu fan and psu fan but the only case fan I see is just the one intake. You need more air flow inside your case. What brand of case do you have? Does the case itself have plenty of ventilation ports?

I have the XFX 6790D (dual fans on gpu) and my idle temp is around 42 to 45 degrees and at load about 55 degrees.

So, there is a difinite problem. As Shintaro pointed out, the gpu may be defective. If it is still under warranty, I would send it back for a replacement.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Temps are NOT normal, that's for sure!

110 degrees Celsius is equal to 230 degrees Fahrenheit.

Are your sure it's 110 C ? That looks like a low-end graphics card, it would be a good idea to pull the heatsink and check the condition of your thermal interface compound.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't even see anything but onboard video in the photos you posted.

Reaction score
I took out my graphics card as it was not working and my temps were measured my a desktop gadget. My case is a CIT. So you think i need more airflow? Should i do this by adding more fans?
the thermal compound is fineand the fan is spinning a 1400RPM according to windows

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
More airflow will never hurt but I doubt it's your problem because your case is wide open, it's not like it is jammed pack with cables and dust and numerous boards. I think if that little card is getting to 110 degrees then something is wrong with it

Reaction score
Iv'e taken i back and they said there was nothing wrong with it because hey tested it for half an hour but i take a hour to get to that temp.

So they just gave me it back.

Ask a Question