adobe flash and 64 bit windows 7

Reaction score
How can i turn off the 64 bit browser and turn on the 32 bit browser in my windows 7 professional so i can use adobe 8 flash playerr

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There should be a 32 bit and 64-bit Internet Explorer, and the default named "Internet Explorer" is 32-bit. The x64 version has this after the name.

Adobe Flash 8 is very old, you'll want to install v10 from here:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Reaction score
thank you. i worked on that a long time. i just downloaded the 10 and it worked.Is that the Beta I tried to find?

Reaction score
I was wrong; it didnt work. i only saw flash logo. how do i find Internet Explorer 32 bit on my computer and activate it in place of 64?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you type in Internet Explorer in to the start menu, how many do you see? There should be 3, and the 32-bit default one is the one that doesn't have "(64-bit)" or "(No Addons)" after it.

Is this the one you are using, and does Flash work in that?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I was wrong; it didnt work. i only saw flash logo. how do i find Internet Explorer 32 bit on my computer and activate it in place of 64?
Normally if you see the FLASH logo, it was installed.

Reaction score
No one has answered the simple orginal question..and I have that same question. I do NOT want to know what I am running, I do not want to know where to get flash update, I just want to know HOW DO I RETURN MY BROWSER TO 32 BIT.
Can someone please just tell me in terms of ie: start>internet options>settings....like that? My daughter set my browser to 64 bit accidently and does not remember how, and I can't find a way to return it to 32.
Thanks

Reaction score
The 32-Bit and 64-Bit browsers are two different applications. If there is a setting for the default bit version, I am not aware of it. If you open both browsers, you will notice that two icons are loaded to the Taskbar.
  1. If you open IE8 from an icon on your Desktop. make sure you have the 32-Bit shortcut place there.
  2. If you open IE8 from a pinned icon on the Taskbar, make sure you have the 32-Bit version "Pin to Taskbar".
  3. If you open IE8 from a pinned icon on the Start Menu, make sure you have the 32-Bit version "Pin to Start Menu".

Reaction score
Start>all Programs>Internet Explorer = 32 bit
Start>all Programs>Internet Explorer (64 bit) = 64 bit
I'm not sure how it was changed as default. Check the properties of the shortcut to the internet explorer to see the path.

The path to the 32 version is C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet explorer\iexplore.exe
The path to the 64 version is C:\Program Files\Internet explorer\iexplore.exe

I hope you have cooled off since the last post.

Ask a Question