SOLVED Window can't find Adobe Flash igfxpers.exe plugin

Reaction score
Hello,

Recently, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware has detected 'igfxpers.exe' located in the 'C:\Users\Windows\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Flash Player\Plugins' as a' Trojan/virus' and delete it. So the problem now is, every time I open the computer, Windows will give this message;
adobe flash pro.PNG

I also found out (in many website) that;
"Igfxpers.exe is a process installed as part of the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver that provides additional configurations options. It installs automatically to the startup menu, launching every time you start your computer. Although it is a trustworthy application and not malicious adware or spyware, it uses excessive memory and system resources with no benefit. Because it is not necessary for computer functioning, it can be removed quickly without affecting computer components."

So, what should i do now? Do i need to deleted it or fix it?
If i need to fix it or deleted it, how to do it?

Thank you

Reaction score
solved

I already solve it ... : -

1. Uninstall the Adobe Flash
2. Delete all remaining files and folders located in the following directories;

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
  • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash (if you are using a 64-bit system)
  • %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
  • %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player
3. Verify that the files “FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl”, "FlashPlayerApp.exe", and "FlashPlayerInstaller.exe" in C:\Windows\system32\ (for 32-bit systems) or C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ (if you are using a 64-bit system) have been deleted.
4. Restart your pc.
5. Then if you get this error ;
Windows script host.PNG

6. To solve it, go to regedit ( type 'regedit' in the start menu search)
7. Navigate to ; HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
8. Deleted the 'flash player' script ( located at on the right column )

[Credit; Adobe Community & Microsoft community]

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Sorry you had to resolve this yourself but thanks for posting the solution! :rock:

Ask a Question