SOLVED Adobe Flash Player 11 Now Supports 64-bit Browsers!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
The latest Adobe Flash Player v11 now supports the IE9 64-bit version and the Mozilla Firefox 64-bit version.

Native 64-bit support!

Flash Player can now take advantage of native support for 64-bit operating systems and 64-bit web browsers on Linux®, Mac OS, and Windows®.

Note:The 64-bit Flash Player installer includes both a 32-bit and 64-bit version of Flash Player

You can download it from here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Be sure to uncheck the Google Browser checkbox if you don't want it installed on your system.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Nibs. :)

Thanks to everyone for posting news on the forum. :beer:

Be sure to uncheck the Google Browser checkbox if you don't want it installed on your system.
For every program that tries to piggy-back their way onto my system, my hatred for this program grows stronger. I'm tired of telling these piggy-back installers no every time I update the applications I do want.

Reaction score
Thanks Nibs. It's finally out of beta and isn't called Flash Player Square any more.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Excellent - it's about time that the 64-bit version has gone final. I'm genuinely surprised at how long this has taken, even if there's not much benefit in using an x64 browser in most cases, it's still nice to have the option :).

Reaction score
This has been out for a week or so (old news), plus Adobe was making a flash player for 64 bit when it was in the 10.xx version, I know because i was using it it for IE9 since its beta days about a year ago and it worked fine.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
This has been out for a week or so (old news), plus Adobe was making a flash player for 64 bit when it was in the 10.xx version, I know because i was using it it for IE9 since its beta days about a year ago and it worked fine.
Sarge - We all know that... it's just now this is the final version for RTM release. A week old is not really "old" news. Just a little slow is all.

I had been using the Flash Player Square for a few months, I'm just glad this is out now.

We do appreciate you keeping us updated on the update though. ;)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Did you uninstall Square first?

I was pretty sure I had installed Square but I could not find any mention of it on a HD search and I found no uninstall so I just went ahead and installed the new version.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I uninstalled Flash Square and this version works a little better, IMHO.

I know my 64-bit browsers are really fast though, very fast, better than before.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I uninstalled Flash Square and this version works a little better, IMHO.
How did you uninstall it ... a utility, an entry in Control Panel\Programs and Features, or ? I couldn't find anything.

Ask a Question