Adobe cs3 / cs4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a designer / tech lover and am currently wanting to install the Windows 7 Beta which I have downloaded, and is now burning a whole in my HDD (joke).

The question is, does anyone out there know if Adobe Creative Suite CS3 / 4 install on the Beta??

Many Thanks in advance........

Reaction score
CS4 Works Perfectly, I was running it on 7 for a while until i had to go back to vista because solidworks 2008 wouldnt work. I'm looking around for a fix at the minute so if you stumble upon anything give me a nod

cheers

R.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
CS4 Works Perfectly, I was running it on 7 for a while until i had to go back to vista because solidworks 2008 wouldnt work. I'm looking around for a fix at the minute so if you stumble upon anything give me a nod
Thanks for the heads up about CS4, and welcome to the site :ciao:

If you post a new thread about Solidworks 2008 in Windows 7, it will get indexed in google and stand a higher chance of someone finding the post to give advice. If you post here with the error you get, hopefully someone will have the answer. In the mean time, I'll see if I can find anything to help :).

Reaction score
I have CS4 running fine (W7x64). The only anomaly I found was that the Adobe Acro PDF Printer Device did not get automatically installed during CS4 install. The Adobe Acro forum (in a post from Adobe) said to follow this procedure, which worked fine for me.

•Click your Start Button and select Control Panel
•Select Devices and Printers
•Select Add a printer
•Select Add a local printer
•Check Use an existing port and select Documents\*.pdf (Adobe PDF) from the drop down. Click Next
•Click the Have Disk… button
•Click the Browse… button
•Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Xtras\AdobePDF
•Select AdobePDF.inf from the list, then click the OK button
•You will see many Adobe PDF Converters in the list, however count six down from the top and click Next
•Name your printer, in my case I named mine Adobe PDF
•Follow the rest of the prompts

Reaction score
I'm running Win7 64 bit and Photoshop CS4. I thought PS was working fine, until I read a post on another forum that PS would crash when certain filters are used.... such as Radial Blur. I tried it and sure enough Radial Blur crashes PS every time!

Is anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Adobe CS4 installs fine on W7 X-64 (and the 64 bit version of Photoshop works fine) --much better than in VISTA.

Some 3rd party addins won't work in 64 bit mode yet - but I don't use any of these.

BTW to avoid activation issues transfer activation before going from VISTA to W7 so you can install it again.

I'm not a great believer in pirating commercial software from Torrents

Cheers
jimbo

Reaction score
CS3 works great

I haven't found any issues with CS3 running on Win7 64bit; PSE7 also works.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm closing this thread for now as it seems to be a target for spammers (4 deleted spam postings in here).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question