Problems with Adobe 11 and windows

Reaction score
I have an issue with Adobe 11 which will not load on the BBC website. I can download it ok but the it will not become active when I try to run video on BBC sites. Anyone find this or could help?

Reaction score
What browser do you use?

Did it happen in Internet Exlorer or other browsers?

Reaction score
Using 11.
Since you posted in Win 7 forum, I have to assume that you are using Windows 7 .
IE11 Preview is a "beta" version. It could have glitches and bugs , one of which might have caused that problem of yours.

Do you have this problem BEFORE you installed IE11 Preview?

Reaction score
Sorry David I replied earlier on my IPad and didn't check IE version. I am using IE10.09 not 11

Reaction score
Since you posted in Win 7 forum, I have to assume that you are using Windows 7 .
IE11 Preview is a "beta" version. It could have glitches and bugs , one of which might have caused that problem of yours.

Do you have this problem BEFORE you installed IE11 Preview?

Reaction score
The message I get when I try to play a video clip is:
Cannot play media. You do not have the correct version of the flash player. Download the correct version
I have downloaded the new version but noting happens.

Reaction score
David
I've just tried to run a video clip on Firefox and it runs perfectly and is using Flash 11, so the problem seems to be only in IE10. It also runs perfectly in Chrome.

Reaction score
Suggestions :
1.Open IE10 > press F12 key > at the bottom, click Browser Mode IE10 > select Internet Explorer 9.

Now try to run the BBC video clip again.
Does it work this time ?

2. Copy the BBC web site address > open IE10 > click Tools > click Compatibility View Settings > paste the BBC address into the Add the website box > click Add > Close.

Now try the BBC video.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Suggestions :
1.Open IE10 > press F12 key > at the bottom, click Browser Mode IE10 > select Internet Explorer 9.

Now try to run the BBC video clip again.
Does it work this time ?

2. Copy the BBC web site address > open IE10 > click Tools > click Compatibility View Settings > paste the BBC address into the Add the website box > click Add > Close.

Now try the BBC video.

Reaction score
David
tried that with F12 but that only puts up the printer option on my PC
Tony

Reaction score
David
tried that with F12 but that only puts up the printer option on my PC
Tony
Also added BBC website address to compatability box but that didn't change anything either

Reaction score
ok clicked on F12 and then the Browser mode IE10 button. As you suggested clicked on IE9 and tried video. Same result

Reaction score
ok clicked on F12 and then the Browser mode IE10 button. As you suggested clicked on IE9 and tried video. Same result

OK. Did you get out of F12 mode?
If not press F12 key again to exit F12 developer mode.

This is my last suggestion. If it does no work for you, I am out of ideas.

Open IE10 > at the top, click Tools > click Internet options > at the top, click Advanced > first one on the list, is the box " use software rendering instead of GU rendering " checked?
If yes, uncheck it > click OK
Try the video again.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I personally use a freeware product called Alternative Flash Player Auto Updater to update Adobe Flash.

Now I do not like that it runs in the background all the time so I do disable that part. I personally do not have it in start-up, when I choose I start the application, run it to update flash, and then I tell it to close.

But I like that it checks the current version and shows me that and the newer version and updates all my browsers. To me it seems to avoid some of the update issues and from what you have said it might be worth a try on your machine.

If you are going to use this product then when Adobe installs it is a good idea to choose Adobe's last option to "Never check for updates", instead this program will do the checks.

Ask a Question