A dualboot problem

Reaction score
I have a 640G hard drive with 3 partitions: 31, 55, 540G respectively.
Originally I have a XP installed in the first (31G) partition, another old and non functional XP in the 55G partition and the 540G for Data. I heard that install Windows 7 and than the boot loader would scan for the old Windows.

Then I install the Windows 7 in the 55G partition. It found the old one and warn me the old windows are not to be usable anymore. It is fine for me. Then I continue the process. After installation, reboot.....the system boot to Windows 7 right away, without any boot loader or selection or anything. I can't enter the XP again, which is in the first 31G partition.

Thus I have now two windows: XP in the 31G partition and 7 in the 55G partition. How can I ask the boot loader of 7 to scan for old OS and give me an option to boot to the XP 30G again?

Thanks a lot.

alex

Reaction score
Hi dls2046

Have you tried EasyBCD 1.7.2 ?
It's free and easy to use.

EasyBCD is NeoSmart Technologies' multiple award-winning answer to tweaking the new Windows Vista bootloader. With EasyBCD, almost anything is possible. Setting up and configuring Windows boot entries is simple, and there is no easier way to quickly boot right into Linux, Mac OS X, or BSD straight from the Windows Vista bootloader - on the fly, no expert knowledge needed!

Reaction score
Ha....something odd happened.....
after I changed the boot device to HDD again (it was set to be DVD because for the setting up of windows 7), it boots right a way into the XP in 31G @_@"

and now i cannot find the 7 again..... O_O

let me try the EasyBCD.....

thanks.

alex

Reaction score
it is DONE!!

finally i need to use EasyBCD in XP to fix everything.

Thanks very much folks~~

alex

Ask a Question