SOLVED 0xC000000E error on startup,

Reaction score
I am getting the 0xC000000E error after moving my computer to a new location. The first thing done was open the case and re-seat the memory and all the connectors upon arrival to the new location. SOP for moving or receiving new machines. I follow the instructions to restart with the disk in and go to the "repair my computer" section, but the OS does not appear in the window. The option selected is for using recovery disks which were not created prior to the move. I then attempt to reinstall and the disk shows up as unallocated space. I cannot format or set up partitions without the 0xC0000005 error appearing. The machine will not start up and I cannot even reload the OS. I have re-seated the components several times to no avail. The machine was working fine before I packed it in the truck and drove it to the new location.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Ric

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Which components are you re-seating? Reseating the RAM won't do anything as it's not seeing your HDD. Unallocated means not being formatted. Can you see your HDD in the BIOS?

I would suggest checking your active partition first.

You don't happen to be using Acronis do you?

Reaction score
Hi Follow this steps and try to resolve the issue..

1.Insert the installation disc.
2. Restart your computer.

3.Click the Start button , click the arrow next to the Lock button , and then click Restart.

If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc.
NoteIf your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check the information that came with your computer. You may need to change your computer's BIOS settings.
4. Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
5. Click Repair your computer.
6. Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
7. On the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair. Startup Repair might prompt you to make choices as it tries to fix the problem, and if necessary, it might restart your computer as it makes repairs.

1. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.

2.Click the Start button , click the arrow next to the Lock button , and then click Restart.

Do one of the following:
• If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you will need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.
• If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to repair, and then press and hold F8.
3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Repair your computer, and then press ENTER. (If Repair your computer is not listed as an option, then your computer does not include Startup Repair as a preinstalled recovery option.)
4. Select a keyboard layout, and then click Next.
5. Select a user name and enter the password, and then click OK.
6. On the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair. Startup Repair might prompt you to make choices as it tries to fix the problem and, if necessary, it might restart your computer as it makes repairs.

Hope this helps you. Let us know either way. Make it a great day!

zigzag3143

Wanikiya
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I am getting the 0xC000000E error after moving my computer to a new location. The first thing done was open the case and re-seat the memory and all the connectors upon arrival to the new location. SOP for moving or receiving new machines. I follow the instructions to restart with the disk in and go to the "repair my computer" section, but the OS does not appear in the window. The option selected is for using recovery disks which were not created prior to the move. I then attempt to reinstall and the disk shows up as unallocated space. I cannot format or set up partitions without the 0xC0000005 error appearing. The machine will not start up and I cannot even reload the OS. I have re-seated the components several times to no avail. The machine was working fine before I packed it in the truck and drove it to the new location.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Ric
That error message is a memory exception. Either the memory itself, or more likely a driver.

Try using only one memory stick and see if it will boot

Reaction score
Thanks for the help and I apologize for not clearing this post sooner. I finally got all the components reseated apparently and the machine is up and running. It's amazing what a bumpy ride in a vehicle can do to these things!

Ask a Question