"This software requires an additional 1455653256 K bytes free on the C: drive to install" error

Reaction score
Hi all, new to this forum but am excited to be a part of this community.

Current system specs:
  • Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OS
  • i7 6800K processor
  • C:\ 3TB 7200 hard drive - 2.64TB free space
  • E:\ 500GB SSD - 465GB free space
  • F:\ 3TB 7200 hard drivfe - 2.09TB free space
  • H:\ 4TB 7200 hard drive - 1.07TB free space
  • I:\ 300GB 7200 hard drive - 295GB free spaceK:\ 640GB 7200 hard drive - 596GB free space
  • 32GB DDR RAM
  • GTX 1060 6GB video card
I have just completed a complete HD formatting and fresh install of Windows 7 Pro 64-bit onto a 3TB hard drive formatted as GPT (not MBR)

I haven't installed ANY programs yet with the exception of Paragon Hard Disk Manager 11 and all Windows Updates... totally fresh install on a newly formatted 7200 spinner HD. Windows is in it's default, standard configuration.

I am trying to install Cubase SL from a CD but before I can even tell it where to install, I get a pop-up, "This software requires an additional 1455653256 K bytes free on the C: drive to install. Please remove any unnecessary files and try again" error. Strangely I can't find much of any other's posting anything about this issue online.

Soooo..... I clearly have enough free space so what's the deal? Is it that I have too much space? In other words, I'm running a GPT format (not MBR) on this hard drive and have almost 3TB free space. Is Windows tweaking somehow because of this? Any help you could provide is GREATLY appreciated.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Some software that will not recognize the 3TB+ drives. Are you using the latest version?

Since it is very specific software you will probably need to reach out to the software manufacturer (or forums dedicated to that product) for any solution or workaround

Ask a Question