OMG - My new PC won't boot T_T 0xc000000e???

Reaction score
I get the following when I switch the pc on:

Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

Windows Boot Manager
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the
cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your Windows Installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings and then click "Next"
3. Click "Repair your computer"
If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer
manufacturer for assistance. ---------------

When i put the Window's 7 CD in the DVD drive, it goes a little further and sometimes loads and I can use windows although taking the CD out of the drive; it won't boot and if window's is loaded- it can freeze? Help please?

Last edited:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Tell us more about the computer.

Brand if bought. Some hardware info if you built it. Did it ever work normally?

Did you make ant changes to your hard drive or partitions?

Give us more, and a big welcome to the forum! :)

Reaction score
Thanks Yodap,

CPU : Intel Core i3 540 (3.06G) 4MB LGA1156 CPU
Motherboard : ASUS P7H55-M EVO H55
RAM : Kingston 2GB DDR3 1333 X 2 pieces = 4GM
HDD : WD 500GB SATAII 3200JS HDD
Case : CoolerMaster M10 + SP500W
Software : MS Office 2010 Home&Business Box Software

I remember it should have worked properly initially. I think it was after the 2nd ever boot due to installing Window's update or maybe installying Synology 1010+

Now with Win 7 CD in cd drive, it still doesn't load T_T Will a reformat of the drive definitely help with such errors or is it a hardware problem?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Did you do a clean install of the system or did you do it as an upgrade over Vista?

I would recommend doing a clean install and wiping all existing partitions and then during the install create two new partitions. One for the OS and programs and the other for storing your other files, folders, documents, photos, audio, etc.

Make sure you have that latest drivers too.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with Nibs. It sounds like it's fubared.

If you need to pull data off that drive, you could try a Linux LiveCD.

Reaction score
Thanks guys- I have no choice but to reinstall I suppose although the PC is brand new and Hardrive also so it was a clean install and not an upgrade from any previous versions. That's why I am so baffled.

And Windows doesn't help with the statement: A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. If they can definitely tell me whether it's hardware or just software; I 'll be less sceptical to just wipe the drive and reinstall. Thank GOD Win 7 doesn't take too long to install compared to previous versions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Run the startup repair from the Windows 7 DVD up to 3 times which may be necessary.

The real important thing here is to make sure that there are no usb flash drives or any usb storage devices attached while doing so.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Be sure to install the Intel Chipset drivers first before any other driver install. This is very important.

How are you installing the drivers by the way? What order are you installing them?

With the Intel Chipset drivers, they can be a little trickier to install than most realize.

If the chipset driver is just an install or executable file then it needs to be downloaded from the Intel site as a "zip" format. Then the Main folder and sub-folder are available. Once that is done, put the driver folder somewhere easy to locate.

Right click on COMPUTER then Properties, then Device Manager, click on View, choose "Devices by Connection". A new tree opens up and expand it till you get to the PCI BUS listing and it's sub-listings. Starting with the Intel PCI Express Port and subsequent listings, right-click and do an "Update Driver" and then choose Browse My Computer setting and point the update to the folder where the Intel drivers are located and do each of the highlighted that way. EVEN IF you installed the "executable" file with the Intel install window and such, this still needs to be done to properly install the Intel Chipset drivers.

Try that and see how it works for you. You can also use 7zip to decompress the executable into it's sub-folders and sub-drivers.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 795x579 and weights 86KB.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Personally I think I would make sure you have the latest BIOS from the manufacturer as well.

Ask a Question