Windows 7 Boot Error - Status: 0xc000000e Info: The boot selection failed because....

Reaction score
Hi All,

I Installed Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.1 yesterday on my Windows 7 and got this problem when it boots up I get the option to choose OS.:

Windows failed to start. A Recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your langugae settings, and then click next
3. Click "repair your computer."

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.
Then I tried to run the Windows 7 installation disk, I go to the cmd prompt and run the
DISKPART
diskpart
list disk
select Disk X (X=disk where I installed all the OS, should be Disk 0)
list partition
select Partition X (X=partition containing OSX)

Virtual Disk Service error:
The pack is not online

and then i run the Bootrec /ScanOS, it came with 0 identified Windows Installations, this is why I come into the cmd prompt as I could not select the installed OS :-|

I've tried that from bootable cd to repair the install but the partition of windows7 is not recognized still.

Any help please ?

Reaction score

I had the same problem - number 0xc000000e, after changing hdd physical order.
I found solve for this. With this error you can try download EasyBCD.
(It is required other Live Windows or brought disk to someone with Windows OR
run probably bcdedit command from recovery dvd_win7_disk)

This program maintain boot machine.

Then look at your item which boot Win! My item had a record with unknown device or similar Deleted partition drive. I suppose correctly there must be something like C:\. So instead of delete that item I prefer added next and selected right drive for it. It can be one of C:\,D:\,E:\,... with your Windows directory (where you have installed it). More interesting is that it didnt have to be equal letter as it appears after boot in different computer, different hdd order, ...

After reset - booting without problem. :) (srry for my eng. :dontknow: )

Reaction score
Hi dagrmov,

thanks for the reply, no worries at all, mine is not that good as well :)

Ask a Question