XP to Vista to Linux Mint to Win 7

Reaction score
Hi all. Luddite here trying to find the same happiness I had with XP (but that was in 2006). Impossible with Vista, Mint was nice, but I couldn't overcome the learning curve and the choices and options were staggering! I couldn't get anything to work properly in that. I have a ton of material to get through to get a handle on this OS, but at least MS has made an effort try and put things in plain English with the wizards.

I did some MS and Windows bashing on some other forums, but my brain capacity just ain't what it used to be so I needed to get back to plug 'n' play.

So, greetings to one and all. :ciao:

Btw, I really am Mr. Magoo. I'm blind, bump into things and mutter to myself. :confused:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
mr.magoo, welcome to the Windows 7 forums website! :ciao:

We hope you enjoy your time here and if you need help with anything regarding Windows 7, feel free to ask at anytime.

Reaction score
Thanks. I am gonna need a lot o' help, but I'm so rusty I often don't know how to phrase my questions properly.

I programmed at UCLA with punch cards! After that, my next contact with the cyber world was 2001 when I was introduced to desktops, a Mac to start with. I quickly went to a PC and hummed along quite nicely with XP for five years. It developed some glitches and I ended up fragging the registry!

After that, I basically disappeared off the face of the earth for a year (dysfunctional family), emerged damaged when I picked up this beast (on the advice of another disabled vet who "grew up" with DOS and had worked in crypto). It weighs a ton, it's embellished with flames (I ain't a "flames" kind o' guy), was loaded with Vista and did everything but dance! I have fought with this thing for two years but I'm in way over my head.

Plan is to take it slow, learn what I need to learn and maybe, just maybe I'll be able to make this puppy truly mine.

Ask a Question