WMP11 Crashes Daily

Reaction score
For the past few months, WMP crashes at least once a day and I can't figure out what can be causing it. How do I even begin to diagnose? I have plenty of memory and do auto-updating. W7U 32 bit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
were you playing a dvd/cd or files from you hdd?
should it be dvd/cd, the media itself may be the problem.

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have been more specific. Only files from HDD. A PC guy I just talked to said that this may be from a failing HD. Firefox crashes frequently too.

Reaction score
Components inside the PC could have bad connections too.

If you know how to disassemble your PC, there is a good chance you could correct this issue when you put the parts back together. I've had pretty good luck with this technique myself.

I'm not a BSOD analyst because I've found that having bad connections within the computer to be the trouble most of the time.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Saidas - Cliff may be on to something here.

Twice a year I disassemble my computer completely and clean the connections, all that I can reach including SATA cables and all drive connections plus the CPU socket and DIMM sockets with DeOxit Gold Contact cleaner and also thoroughly blow it out and dust it.

Ask a Question