Linksys WMP110 Range Plus PCI Adapter

Reaction score
So I am curious on a few things regarding this adapter,

In the Windows 7 Compatibility list it says this device is supported 100%

I went to the Linksys site to see about drivers and a driver for 7 doesnt exist

I also chatted with a Representative and they said that product was not compatible with Windows 7

Is the compatibility list accurate?

I dont mind buying a new Wireless adapter (this one kinda sucks), I just wanna know if I can get it working on 7?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Or the driver is available through Windows Update. I still recommend the D-Link DWA-552, though.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
It may just need the driver from the chipset maker; such as Ralink, Broadcom, etc,

Download S.I.W. - Systems Info for Windows. This here is the free version: SIW Without Installer (English-Only)

It's a free standing app and will tell you what hardware you have, chipsets and drivers. This is a very handy free program, tons of features.

You can also right-click on the Network Adapter shown in the details of the Hardware - Device Manager and you'll see something similar to the following:

Reaction score
Ok well thats cool, yea if you guys wanna make some other recomendations that would be great that D-link DWA is a little much for my 5mb a sec connection

FYI I am looking for a reliable adapter mainly for gaming

Reaction score
To be fair, any wireless adapter is a little much for your 5Mbps connection. 5Mbps is about 5 times slower than a merely average 802.11G connection.

Reaction score
It may just need the driver from the chipset maker; such as Ralink, Broadcom, etc,

Download S.I.W. - Systems Info for Windows. This here is the free version: SIW Without Installer (English-Only)

It's a free standing app and will tell you what hardware you have, chipsets and drivers. This is a very handy free program, tons of features.

You can also right-click on the Network Adapter shown in the details of the Hardware - Device Manager and you'll see something similar to the following:

Thats very possible Ill have to look into getting a driver from the Chipset manufacture

As for SIW iv been using that program for some now. That is some awsome freeware. thanks for the tip though:D

Reaction score
To be fair, any wireless adapter is a little much for your 5Mbps connection. 5Mbps is about 5 times slower than a merely average 802.11G connection.
Yea....:eek: I am also looking to upgrade my DSL to Cable here in the near future. That is one beafy Wireless Adapter though

Reaction score
So can anyone confirm if this adapter will work on Windows 7 will the vista Driver really cut it?

any other reccomendations for good adapters with W7?

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Have you tried it yet? Installed it and then reboot and see what Windows 7 does with it?

A lot of the time Windows 7 will update the driver automatically through it's native driver update process, if not use the Device Manager and go from there.

C'mon experiment a little here and see what happens. It WILL NOT HURT the computer, believe me! Besides living on the edge is what makes things exciting.

If not, then go with Thrax's recommendation and use the D-Link DWA-552 PCI adapter or you could move to the DWA-556 PCI-Express Adapter, which is $10 less expensive at Newegg. Either card is an excellent alternative and basically have the same features except for the type of motherboard slot mounting. If it were me and I had an extra PCI-Express slot I would go with the DWA-556.

Reaction score
Well Im kinda jumping the gun on this one I dont even have W7 yet Ill be making the purchase on newegg probably tomarrow or Friday. I getting a few other upgrades so Im just making sure I order all together.

As for those cards Im leaning towards PCI-E but yea ill keep you guys updated as far as that linksys card and W7 goes.

Thanks for the reccomendations though ,appreciate it

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Well Im kinda jumping the gun on this one I dont even have W7 yet Ill be making the purchase on newegg probably tomarrow or Friday. I getting a few other upgrades so Im just making sure I order all together.

As for those cards Im leaning towards PCI-E but yea ill keep you guys updated as far as that linksys card and W7 goes.

Thanks for the reccomendations though ,appreciate it
Good decision on your part. I would go with the PCI-E card too.

Let us know later how things are going for you with the Windows 7 install and such.

Ask a Question